CLOSED -- November 2, 2020 @ 9p ET -- Forum/gallery upgrade and migration

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: November 2, 2020 @ 9p ET -- Forum/gallery upgrade and migration

Post by gstanfield »

Interesting. Must have been something going on with my internet then. I haven’t had double post issues before or since and thought I’d mention it. I’m glad it’s nothing for you to have to deal with.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, thank you for everything!!! Jeff

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am Narfi, I've looked into this a bit. I have no idea what is going on. I see it on both sites so it seems that it must be a setting. Right now I'm monkeying around with the DB so much I'm not sure if this is being created by the sync and migrate scripts or if it is a config issue. Let me get the site moved tonight then I will be able to "just fix it".
Picture I posted this morning in same thread worked, so maybe its resolved :)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Folks, the new forum/gallery will be going off line for final preparation. At 9p this forum will go into "maintenance" mode and you will not be able to read or post. Please make sure you complete any posts by 9p (60min from now).

Thank you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

The main actions are COMPLETE!

While there are actions remaining, they will be done with board on line and accessible. If you can read this post, you should be able to login and use things as normal!

Enjoy!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: CLOSED -- November 2, 2020 @ 9p ET -- Forum/gallery upgrade and migration

Post by jonnymac »

in the new forum the page isn’t header and navigation is hard to read on mobile compared with the old site. see attached picture. this is as viewed on iphone se2 ios14

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi Jayson,
Was surprised about the migration to Boat Builder Central but find my way around it, but most I was surprised that you did this and I always thought you built a sailboat and are a sailor like all of us. Well done with this update.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

jonnymac wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 pm in the new forum the page isn’t header and navigation is hard to read on mobile compared with the old site. see attached picture. this is as viewed on iphone se2 ios14
It seems to be related to the number of extra links in the header. I’ll be cleaning that up today. Alternatively I’ll force a different style for mobiles. It is confusing to me that it worked much better before last night.
gonandkarl wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:19 am Hi Jayson,
Was surprised about the migration to Boat Builder Central but find my way around it, but most I was surprised that you did this and I always thought you built a sailboat and are a sailor like all of us. Well done with this update.
Greetings from Karl
Yeah. I’m full of unpleasant surprises. ;)

The switch to BBC is to allow better brand alignment for new users as well at improved search engine rankings. Aligning everything under “community” follows best practices for coppermine and phpBB as well as allows Jeff a lot of flexibility for the future. It also reduces the over all cost over time as we can now start to leverage various storage options for images as well as lower cost managed services. End of the day it’s an over all win for both BBC and the users (as soon as I fix the layout :help: ).

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:31 am
jonnymac wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 pm in the new forum the page isn’t header and navigation is hard to read on mobile compared with the old site. see attached picture. this is as viewed on iphone se2 ios14
It seems to be related to the number of extra links in the header. I’ll be cleaning that up today. Alternatively I’ll force a different style for mobiles. It is confusing to me that it worked much better before last night.
A couple of horrible hacks later and it should be "better". It is not correct yet, but should be a bit more usable.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

What security settings changed? Now I can't access it at work. Says something to the effect you're going to a site that might steal your login, password and credit card information. It's not our internal system but the one from google.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain