CLOSED -- November 2, 2020 @ 9p ET -- Forum/gallery upgrade and migration

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CLOSED -- November 2, 2020 @ 9p ET -- Forum/gallery upgrade and migration

Post by Jaysen »

None? We set up with new SSL, increased PW security, all cookie over SSL (no more clear text), improved user validation and reset system PW to reduce exposer.

Can you PM me a screen shot of the message?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:15 pm None? We set up with new SSL, increased PW security, all cookie over SSL (no more clear text), improved user validation and reset system PW to reduce exposer.

I can tomorrow when I'm at work.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

piperdown wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:24 pm
Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:15 pm None? We set up with new SSL, increased PW security, all cookie over SSL (no more clear text), improved user validation and reset system PW to reduce exposer.

I can tomorrow when I'm at work.

Well, I can get on now at work. Not sure what changed from yesterday to today.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

My guess is that it is related to DNS propagation and ssl certificate alignment. That said, no changes have been made other than CSS and application configuration.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.