CLOSED -- Maintenance 9p ET, Nov10 -- phpBB security update

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED -- Maintenance 9p ET, Nov10 -- phpBB security update

Post by Jaysen »

This event is completed/closed.

The phpBB team has released a security update. To ensure the security of the BBC sites (and protect all y'all from silliness as best we can) this updated will be applied at 9p (eastern time) on Tuesday November 10, 2020. If you have questions, please let me know.

End user improvements
Administrative improvements

Fixes in this release
Improved mobile support (ha! I knew it wasn't me!)
Security enhancement to reduce data exposure

Reduced login for some "chatty" functions
Correction of event triggers for page templates
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Maintenance 9p ET, Nov10 -- phpBB security update

Post by gstanfield »

I appreciate the heads up around here! I’m a mod on another forum and they don’t even give the mods a heads up!
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I've updated the original announcement with the list of improvements for BBC forums. Let me know there are any questions.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

When do you guys think the forum will be restored. This one category is all I can access or see.
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe, and an FS17.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

silentneko wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:42 pm When do you guys think the forum will be restored. This one category is all I can access or see.
The forum is up and running now... work will not begin until 2100 ET tonight.

This one thread should appear at the top of each forum, but all other threads should still be accessible.