New Forum issues

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

New Forum issues

Post by silentneko »

This may only be an android issue, as the 2 devices I tried are both androids.

This is how the forum is appearing to me. Things are not quite in the right spots, it has limited functionality, and there is no option to upload photos. I cleared my data on both devices. The forum looks ok on my PC, but still no options for photos. It also takes 2 to 3 times for me to log in, and I need to do it each time I load the page. Weird?

ImageScreenshot_20201110-150825_Samsung Internet , on Flickr
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe, and an FS17.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: New Forum issues

Post by Jaysen »

Where are you planning to upload pics? I see both of the galleries.
• Coppermine Gallery is the first bottom tab in the header.
• phpBBgallery is in the top hamburger (likely will not display proper) or in the ACP (your user name in the header).

I think you are loading a URL that is already in a forum. What happens if you tap "Forums" in the bread crumbs? It's odd that no breadcrumbs are showing for your actual forum position, but it MAY be that android is using the collapsed "Forum" bread crumb in an incorrect manner (that would be fixed with tonight's work... maybe).
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Under "Builder Tips" dbalks orbital longboard- it's a dead end: app.php/page/dbalks-orbital-longboard
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

pee wee wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:22 am Under "Builder Tips" dbalks orbital longboard- it's a dead end: app.php/page/dbalks-orbital-longboard
I have it working on all ends. Can you tell me the details displayed in the error you are experiencing?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

This is what I get: "The requested page “dbalks-orbital-longboard” is not available."

The other tip pages work for me, just this one. Still acting that way today.
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I made "what should be" an insignificant change. Let me know if it is working not.

If it is I will update other "things" with the same change as a preventative measure.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Well, it's different! Here's what I get now:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well... today it is my turn to be stupid. Should be fixed.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

It's back like it was:

"The requested page “dbalks-orbital-longboard” is not available."

I tried using a different browser, just because, but no difference.
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Can you tell me the address that your browser is using? I’ve tried on a number of systems and can not recreate. Just looking for more info to get it fixed.