BBC automatic backups enabled and what that means to forum/customers

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

BBC automatic backups enabled and what that means to forum/customers

Post by Jaysen »

While the BBC sites are hosted with a reputable hosting service, the backups provided are not meeting BBC needs. As of last night BBC has implemented a nightly backup system that will ensure recovery of data/uploads completed prior to 00:00 every night. This means that should a system failure occur, BBC can recover the forum/website from the day before (there may be loss of data NEWER than 00:00).

From a user perspective, you may notice a SLIGHT slowdown of the forum and sites at 00:00 nightly. BBC has not observed a slowdown during the recent runs of the backup system but it could happen. If you experience any issues at this time, please let Jeff or Jaysen know via PM.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the BBC system performance and reliability.

(and yes, mobile STILL sucks donkey right now... I swear I'm working on it)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBC automatic backups enabled and what that means to forum/customers

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Jaysen!!!! Jeff