Anyone built D12?

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
anonymous

Anyone built D12?

Post by anonymous »

Has anyone built the D12? I did a search in all the message board forums and returned no results. I´d appreciate anyones feedback with this design.<BR><BR>If nobody has built it, is it for a good reason?<BR><BR>Also, any preferences between the D12 and V12? I´m looking for something that I can row and sail. I have no need for an outboard.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Steven

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone built D12?

Post by jacquesmm »

I built the first D12 15 years ago but I am certain that out of the 2 or 300 plans sold, one or two were built . . .<BR>The V12 has a vee hull, more difficult to build but it is also a much, much larger boat.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Rick
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Anyone built D12?

Post by Rick »

Check the archives. The old message board has a lot of messages about the D12 -- remember that this new board only goes back to August, 2002. The consensus was that the V12 is a more competent boat for two or three people, but that if you really wanted to go sailing you should build a Caravelle.<BR><BR>One of the D12 stories in the old board is about a builder who wasn´t paying attention when boating over a reef and was swamped by a wave (hi, Jacques!).<BR><BR>- Rick