Which boat? GV-15,17 or OB17

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Trying to decide which boat to build. After lots of internet searching, I have narrowed it down to the GV-15,17 or OB-17. I plan to use it for family fun and fishing. I live in Milwaukee and want to use it on both smaller lakes and Lake Michigan.<BR><BR>I like the GV-15 for simplicity, lower cost etc., but am concerned about its suitability for use on Lake Michigan, as it can be quite rough at times. <BR><BR>Is the Gv-17 more difficult than the OB-17?<BR><BR>Any comments would be appreciated, or suggestions for other boats which would be suitable for intended use-Thanks

fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan »

I formerly lived in Chicago and spent many days on inland lakes and Lake Michigan. We usually went out there with a 17´ Tuffy. I am currently building on OB-17. I think the GV-17 and the OB-17 would be nice boats for occasional trips on Lake Michigan (all three would be great inland) assuming good weather and light winds. <BR><BR>Good luck!
Dan

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Thanks Dan,<BR><BR>I appreciate your reply. I am definately going with one of the 17 footers.<BR><BR>Does anyone know which is easier to build; the GV-17 or the OB-17?<BR><BR>Is one or the other more suitable for pulling a skier?<BR><BR>I want it to fish, but I know the wife will want to ski occasionally.<BR><BR>Have a great day all-I´m jealous of those of you already building.

Skydad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Skydad »

I have the plans for the GV17 and OB17. Jacques had mentioned to me that the GV17 was a little easier to build.
Richard Warner

Louisiana: America's Banana Repu