PPI & GT Crusier weight

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
anonymous

PPI & GT Crusier weight

Post by anonymous »

1) I´ve been searching but have been unable to find a definition for PPI; what is this?<BR><BR><BR>2) The hull weight for the GT 23 is listed as 1500 lbs; do for have an estimate for the completed boat (minus engine, fuel, people, etc.)?<BR>

Evan_Gatehouse
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

PPI & GT Crusier weight

Post by Evan_Gatehouse »

1) "636 PPI at DWL "<BR><BR>PPI = pounds per inch immersion. <BR><BR>Basically if I add 636 pounds to the boat when it is floating at the displacement waterline, it will sink 1" deeper in the water.<BR><BR>2) The hull weight is the weight of the complete boat minus fuel, people, and engines.<BR><BR>Evan Gatehouse (a designer for bateau)
designer: FB11/GV10,11,13/ HMD18/
SK17,MM21/MT24

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PPI & GT Crusier weight

Post by jacquesmm »

Thanks Evan.<BR>Hull weigth is something we can calculate but how much you are going to put in your boat depends on you.<BR>25 HP or 125? A 12 gallon tank or 80 gallons? A couple or a a party of six? etc. etc.<BR>I say displacement will be between 3 and 4,000 lbs total, average.<BR>At 3,000 lbs, she has a 6.3" draft, at 4,000 lbs = 7.84" draft.<BR>Concerned about towing? <BR>Load most of your gear and stuff in the car to keep the boat towing weight at 2,000 lbs.<BR>
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com