DE23 displacement speed

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: DE23 displacement speed

Post by cracked_ribs »

A) I've never been in a monohedral planing hull that didn't have a hump.

B) I've also never heard of a longer, proportionally narrower hull having a greater hump on the transition to plane than a shorter, fatter one.

C) If the DE25 is significantly different...why is the exact same verbiage used by the designer to describe it?

The 23 probably won't have a really harsh transition to planing but it won't be much different than the DE25. If anything it's probably a bit more of a hump, I'd guess. But it's probably hard to tell the difference from one to the other.
I designed my own boat. This is the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65349

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: DE23 displacement speed

Post by TomTom »

cracked_ribs wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:15 pm A) I've never been in a monohedral planing hull that didn't have a hump.

B) I've also never heard of a longer, proportionally narrower hull having a greater hump on the transition to plane than a shorter, fatter one.

C) If the DE25 is significantly different...why is the exact same verbiage used by the designer to describe it?

The 23 probably won't have a really harsh transition to planing but it won't be much different than the DE25. If anything it's probably a bit more of a hump, I'd guess. But it's probably hard to tell the difference from one to the other.
Point B is what I thought too