PG25 or GS28

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PG25 or GS28

Post by cracked_ribs »

Johnston wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:25 pm Thank you TomW - I am starting to see that the difference between build time on these boats comes down not to functionality but looks!
That is one of the most important foundational realizations of boatbuilding right there.

You can have a workboat in a few months. You can have a masterpiece in a few years. Which you do is probably best answered by the question "do you like building boats or do you like being on boats?"

Sadly for the schizoid types among us, such as myself, there is no true answer. I like to build boats and then be on boats I've built, and when I'm building I wish I was boating, and when I'm boating I wish I was building.

Best of luck with this mighty dilemma!
I designed my own boat. This is the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65349

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

One last help for you. Panga Ron built a Panga 25 and his build site is at PG25 Panga Build down in the Builders section. You will need to do a search to find it. He uses his off the coast of California. Just click on the pink titles of one of the answers to open up all the answers to get the full answer instead of the abbreviated ones shown when it comes up. If you notice he has a 90HP on his. You will see it took just over two years for him to launch his.

Well take care, and let us know when you start building so we can follow along.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Johnston
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Johnston »

Many thanks for all the help.