Powerboat plans

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Powerboat plans

Post by TomW1 »

Knucklehead I have worked up a preliminary weight and speed for your CS25 with the DE upper. The motors are Yamaha's 200 HP which will give you a top speed of 24 mph. I would not recommend anything less based on your desired fishing area.

This is the weight I came up with:

2300 CX25 with all of the hardware and platform, not just the minimal amount in plan Includes some seats and interior fittings, not all, add more to finish
150 DE add on just a guess may be slightly less
600 fuel 100 gallon
240 water 30 x 8 gallons for bait tank
350 gear 1 steering hydraulics, electrical wiring equipment and all tubing
200 gear 2 fishing, safety, and miscellaneous, tackle outriggers
720 people 4 at 180 lbs
120 2 coolers + ice 50-60lbs each
972 2 at 200HP Yamaha

5652 Total

Hope this gives you an idea where you are headed. Again this is preliminary and we won't know for sure until you finish her and weigh her. But you can see how the weights add up fast. The 200 HP's are in the same class as the 150 and 175. The 150 drops you down to 20 mph max top end. I know you were hoping to get by with a 115 or so but twins will barely get you up on plane if that with a top speed of 17 mph.

I had some time watching the basketball tournaments this afternoon so thought I would do this for you.

Well take care and ask if you have any questions.

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978