LM18 Tunnel

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LM18 Tunnel

Post by Jeff »

Tom, you need to calm your comments on this forum. We are a friendly, helping forum where comments, discussion and yes even disagreements are to be handled friendly and calm. If you have any thing to say further on this issue, call me next week at 772.742.8535. This forum is for all to use as long as each can get along with each other!!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jeff i will definitely call you. I cannot stand for people giving out wrong information. I am sorry for getting a little heated and normally do not do so. I am here to help people. :D And have done so for 13 or so years. Talk to you on Monday. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

TomW1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 pm Ask Richard how he works his jack plate.
Regards, Tom
No problem, I’ll tell you.
If I’m sitting in three inches of water, I’m going to firewall the throttle with the plate fully jacked up to get up with the prop hub well above the waterline. I lower the plate once the water hump pops up. It requires the right prop to make this work but it works for me every time. It starts with a tunnel, 22-24” of transom, a jackplate and a triple cupped prop. So the net rise for me at plane is 1.5” of built in rise in the plate, 7” of jack, 2” of oversize transom height. So that would be 10.5” higher than a standard outboard on a 20” transom. Makes no difference what state you happen to nap in, you can’t plane with the prop buried in the mud.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Excellent response AA!! Good to hear from you!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Thanks Richard that clears up things. :D What is the hump on your XF?

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978