Planing vs displacement

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Planing vs displacement

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29 pm Get caught one time 100 miles offshore and have 25 foot lumps blow up. You will become a fan of full displacement hulls in a hurry :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3cHJyomlo

Doesn't have to be offshore. I'm not sure how a planing boat would handle this bar in these conditions but I do know I wouldn't even try it.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I think you want a bracket not a jack it lifting plate. Basically a bolt on “set back transom” that you mount the motor on. They aren’t cheap but I think they will hit what you need.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

cape man wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm Going slow, steady, far, and cheap. And going big.
Agree. If you want to travel by boat without a sail, monohull, it's the popular choice.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie