Floor layout plans for xf20

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Xf20 gift
New Poster
New Poster

Floor layout plans for xf20

Post by Xf20 gift »

I just received a gift xf20 from a friend who is very ill. He built the boat and did an excellent job. As I was cleaning up the boat it was very apparent that it needed a floor. It would be much easier to clean and maintain with a solid floor. Are there plans I can purchase for the floor framing? What materials should I use for cross bracing ( joists) and what is best for the floor decking ? Thx

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Floor layout plans for xf20

Post by fallguy1000 »

Take some pictures.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The original XF20 was really extreme, extremely light without a sole and max. 25 HP. Great boat but extreme.
Later, I designed a version with a sole. You will need the new plans to add that sole and reinforce the transom.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Xf20 gift
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Xf20 gift »

Agree. The xf20 my friend gave me now has a 40 evinrude etec on it. Looks like the transom has been reinforced but not a neat job. A sole as you call it would make it easy to clean and add support to the entire structure. Where do I get the plans? How do I post pictures?
Thank you

Xf20 gift
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Xf20 gift »

Xf20 gift wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:56 pm Agree. The xf20 my friend gave me now has a 40 evinrude etec on it. Looks like the transom has been reinforced but not a neat job. A sole as you call it would make it easy to clean and add support to the entire structure. Where do I get the plans? How do I post pictures?
Thank you