last years NC16 update

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Leigha
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

last years NC16 update

Post by Leigha »

well i just wanted to say Hi to everyone. i lost my login password and have been very busy. but the NC 16 you guys helped me with has really worked out great. we went out every chance we could last year and are getting ready to hit the water again! We never put any seating in yet but have been useing foam coushins and they work out great till you get some water in the boat! we never put a finish coat on it but have kept it in the basement this past winter and the epoxy finish is doing great still. as far as handeling, we have been in the Etowah river below and above the dam and it paddles great! my son is smaller then me and sits up front. i have noticed that he can paddle on one side most of the time and i only have to switch back and forth every now and then. Also if youlean it just a little bit it tends to run in a straight line.
As to strength,,, well now we did test that out! seems we ran head on into a bridge collum. it came to a quick stop! but there was only a little dent in the rubrail at the very tip. we were just drifting down river slowly but it was hard enough to shift everything forward in the boat!
I wold have to say that its reallypretty stable too. it took a little getting use to at first but even then if you rock it back and forth, once the water line reaches the rub rails, it wants to come back up. We've only tiped it once and we got it back upright with only about an inch of water in it!
I think later this summer we will put some kind of seating in it where water can run under the seat! I noticed if we put a old folded towle somehwere on the bottom you can just wring it outnow and then and under normal lake paddeling the bottom stays pretty dry!!
well i hope everyone is doing well and now that i have my password, i can check up on you guys and see what you all have been up to! And For Charlie,,, i never did get the weight for you but will promise to do that very soon!
Have a wonderful week, Leigha