Started

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Fred in Wisc wrote:Another great source of lead can be indoor shooting ranges. Either civilian or police ranges. Some of them recycle the lead collected in their range for casting lead bullets, some do not. If your local range does not, you hit the jackpot.

When you melt down the bullets, you just need to remove the copper and brass jackets when the lead melts out.

Fred in Wisc
In the '70s I knew a guy that made his living collecting lead from the Tallahassee range and casting it into belt weights for divers. 100 to 150 lbs. per week! 8)
CC, D15, V10

JohnMc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JohnMc »

Evan I did see that on the Internet. interesting, I think your right, it won't be bad. I'm coming along slowly, waiting for the weather to warm some to continue outside with the cast.
JohnMc
SB18
Started

davekf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by davekf »

JohnMc... how's the sb18 coming? I am watching this build while I build my fl14. In the future I will build one of the VG sail boats.

Do you have pics :?:

-Dave

JohnMc
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JohnMc »

Dave & Topwater = Thanks for checking, its been slow, with winter and work- I have been very busy! (good thing!) So progress has been near idle, temporary. :!: Trying to open up a slot for FL. in April. 8) I have set aside working on the keel for now, it is started. I will post Pics when there is more to show.
I will be getting back to building now that the weather is turning.
I will get this boat built :)
JohnMc
SB18