Southeastern Boat Builders Meet April 24-26, 2009

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Southeastern Boat Builders Meet April 24-26, 2009

Post by peter-curacao »

Aripeka Angler wrote:
shine wrote:
Aripeka Angler wrote:
:idea: Gary this rig would probably work for you if you covered it up with one of Joel's tee shirts :wink:

http://www.after5catalog.com/the-beer-b ... Path=17_19

Richard
What happens if you already have gut :)
:lol:

Go with the extra, extra large tee shirt when you place the order :wink: Of course, there is always the jogging option
:help:
Or use this
http://www.after5catalog.com/the-wine-r ... 6af718b32a

cape man

Post by cape man »

The BBB is in Richard's truck. If you don't see it at CR talk to him! :lol: :lol: You all have a blast!! Wish I could do both events, but we all have to set our priorities.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Have fun measuring fish also. Sorry you can't be in both places at once. You'll have to teach the hatch machine to clone you! :lol:

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Here's the tidal chart for Shell Island while we're there. Nice long tidal periods and some higher tides, should make for some good fishing hopefully.

http://www.protides.com/florida/2480/

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Tom , I like the tide chart and the tides for that weekend. The fishing will be great.

I signed the contract for the hotel today. If anyone else wants to stay at Plantation then you should give them a call very soon. They will be booked up by next week. The phone number of Plantation is 800-632-6262. See yall soon....

Richard :D
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Richard,

Dont forget that I live about 8 miles from the Plantation. Let me know if there's anything that I can help with.

Kurt

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Kurt, if you don't mind post your email and contact info on the other sticky. We are working on a menu for the BBQ and the locals will be key to making the event work. Tom and I are working on a list of stuff to bring. Glad you are coming :!: We will be in touch and will look for you on the river on Thursday or Friday. Thanks for posting....

Richard :D
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Gang, we are putting together the food for the BBQ. I think we have the meat stuff prettty much figured out. What we need is for the locals to hash out the stuff like baked beans, potato salad and such that they would like to bring. It will be easier for the locals to bring this type of food than the out of town folks. Please post or send me an email with what you would like to bring. FYI I expect roughly 50 or so to be at the BBQ with about 11 boats. If you are from out of town you can help out by buying drinks, bread, paper plates and stuff like that locally when you get to Crystal River. We can figure that out when people start to arrive next week.

Cottontop, check the email contact that you left on the other thread. Is there a typo in the address :doh:

Thanks ...

Richard
Richard

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Richard,

I swindled my wife, :wink: I mean we will be bringing pasta salad and chocolate chip cookies for 50. When and where does it need to be delivered?

Kurt

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Kurt thanks for replying :D We will meet at Kings Bay Park. Plantation will not let us bring in our own food so the BBQ will be at the public park. The food at Plantation was not that great last year so we decided to do it ourselves. The bar was set so low that I am sure we will set records with our effort :lol: Tell your wife I said many thanks and we we will see you guys next weekend. We will get started early because the park fills up pretty quick. Call me anytime, my number is on the other thread if you need any other info.

Richard
Richard