Southeastern Boat Builders Meet April 24-26, 2009

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: Southeastern Boat Builders Meet April 24-26, 2009

Post by ks8 »

D2Maine wrote:pics pics where are the pics! :D
As soon as the computer gets fired up, they all line up to do their course changes and don't have time to upload pictures... :lol:

But I bet Gary is out rowing or sailing. Ochlocknee Oddball hasn't wavered in her course for a day. :D

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Pics? I've got some good ones but yall have to wait. We had a beautiful day fishing with Richard, Ken and Tom, about 25 miles offshore. The water was so clear we could see a shipwreck 55 feet deep. Caught a fine mess of grouper for the cookout tomorrow. Got pics. Tom caught the biggest fish of the day, a nice gag about 15 pounds. Got pics. :lol: Richard had the biggest fish that got away, I caught the most grunts, and Ken steady put fish in the boat. We caught a good many fish, most just undersized, but enough keepers to feed the multitudes 8) It hurts to release a 21 1/2 inch grouper :?

Brian, sorry about your troubles. Hope to see you Sunday.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Rub it in rub it in thanks !! :cry: 8)

cape man

Post by cape man »

Lost both my mirrolures to two 10- 15 lb cudas up in the cannals today but landed two little tarpon and a bone on the flats. Hows the BBB? Wish I was there, but glad 'm here. Sounds like you are all havin fun.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

As Larry said, we had a picture perfect day on the water.Gulf was flat and water was almost gin clear. We caught prob. around 20 grouper +-. Had 5 legals and had to release a couple just short of legal size the rest were prob. 5 or 6 " to short. LOts of grunts. Live pinfish was the way to go.We went through 4 dozen in about 4 hours.We had a case of sardines which were mush. The worst case of bait we had ever purchased.We fished over an old sunken wreck that you could actually see it on the bottom in 54" of water.That was how clear it was. There were two or three cobia swimming around that had to be in the 50# plus range. Threw live freelined pin fish to them and they just spooked away from the bait. Did this numerous times and they just would not hit. Saw some major big fish hitting all over the place just towards the North of us. We were anchored up and hoped they would come our way but to no avail. Catch list included, Gag grouper, red grouper, One black grouper lots of grunts and a couple of small amber jacks.
Got to say, Richard is the perfect host, had a beautiful boat, 24' Pursuit, with two big fat Yammie 200 HP four strokes. Beautifull fishing machine.
Todays menue will be fresh fried grouper,cole slaw, tater salad, chicken on the grill, pulled pork and tasty deserts plus what else people bring. Lots of pictures will be taken and posted in time. Perfect day on the water for every one, weather couldn't be better and great friends to fish with. :D =D>
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

topwater

Post by topwater »

You guys are killing me....................... :!:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Is it a Boat yet?

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Awesome stuff, boats look great.
Thanks for the pics Muddler :D

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Yes gentlemen... this is rocket science...don't disturb the chef!

:)

No Excuse helps Thor's Hammer find some wind? :D

More pictures! Looks like you're all having a great time. :)

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Great time had by the crew of Driftwood. For those of you that missed it...you really missed it. Hats off to Richard and everyone else that chipped in. I really expected my first internet date to be with Brook Burke, but instead, this was quite a pleasant surprise. Great group of people and a fine collection of craftsmanship. Can't wait till next year. :D

Kurt (Lumpy)