More Prop Questions

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: More Prop Questions

Post by Cracker Larry »

but like Richard says we can all agree on PORK .
We'd probably still argue about the sauce :lol: . Vinegar or mustard? Sweet or hot? Marinade or dry rub? How old is that recipe?
:lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

There is only one way to do PORK in the smoker for 8-12hrs. After that the pitmaster controls all. :lol: If you don't like it don't eat it. :P Richard where was the fish for you or are you eating meat again! :P

Richard Wal-Mart is selling wild caught Salmon up here that is absolutely delicous smoked for an 1-2 hours at as low a heat as you can get. It is also pretty dang good any other way you cook salmon but we prefer it smoked. I use a rub with brown sugar in it, I'm sure you can find one online or I'll send you mine.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Richard...... That pork looks awesome..... I don't think I have that far a drive to your place... 8)
Come on up by all means :!: I am cooking a starter batch of pork for the Pioneer museum. If you have never been, it is worth a look. Lots of old Florida exhibits and cracker stuff. Really good food also. You probably have guessed by now that there are others cooking up pork butts as well :wink:
We'd probably still argue about the sauce

I like the mustard based sauce the best. Didn't we have a thread a couple or three years ago about BBQ :doh:

My next big decision is whether to pull or slice :lol: I think I will ponder that over a cold cerveza :wink:

Added....Tom I will sample it, but I can't eat much of it. Still fun to cook the stuff though....
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Richard you can always pull part and slice part of it. That way people have there choice. :D Sounds like a good time and charity you have there with the Museum. 8)

By the way we went to Deb's bosses house on Sunday and she had these little 1/4" pork chops. Well guess who ended up cooking them. No one else had a clue on how to do it. She didn't even have a bowl or a brush out there to put on the BBQ sauce. I would much rather much rather cook Butt's than 50 of those little chops. Everyone was still enjoying them at work on Monday!

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Man I cant believe what this string turned into! :!: I came back just in time for the BBQ! I go through internet spurts. Night shift at the electric factory for 2-1/2 months should keep this spurt alive for at least that long. So let me tell you this about that. Yamaha, Honda, Merc and Johnson. I've owned them all and I've had trouble with them all...but not the Yamaha. This is my first Yamaha and the first motor that made it past the 100 hour mark without any infant mortality issues. She just keeps on ticken. Personally, at this day in age I dont think theres a red hair of difference between any of them. Buy the one that you are Brand Loyal to and go fishing! But before you go fishing, send me some BBQ :D