Whats cooking

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Tex 2009
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Whats cooking

Post by Tex 2009 »

Is anyone cooking something good today?
I made a big pot of chicken soup with hand cut vegetables, whole chicken boiled which made a great stock.
A pot of shrimp-sausage gumbo with thick dark rue in a cast iron pot.
3 small loaves of banana bread ( I didnt have any pecans ).
Come on over the fixins are ready.

Doug :D
Doug Grall
Huntsville, Texas

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Whats cooking

Post by gstanfield »

Hmmm, I had steak and gravy on my way home from work this morning and now I'm about to go run, do some pushups and make a protein shake :D I am usually quite the cook, but when I am on my days on (12hr shifts) I keep things real simple. On my days off I'll get kinda creative for the family.

Your meal sounds good, enjoy it.

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Bowmovement
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bowmovement »

Been busy bottling beer all afternoon and havent thought about dinner. Still have a 5gal batch to bottle and will be done. Maybe some yard bird and asparagus for dinner.

A recipe thread would be good here. I am sure some people here got some good stuff.

Matt
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Bobg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bobg »

Anyone out there that like to use some well made and fresh spice mixtures, check out this site.

http://www.texasselectseasonings.com/Home.htm

There's a spice mix for every taste, from tolerable to insane. The owner of the company, Billy Powell, is a friend of mine. We've cooked together some at get togethers in Louisiana. I brought a NC hog to La, he seasoned it and it was cooked in a Cajun Microwave, built just for that gathering.

I don't mind taking a ride, if I know the food's going to be good.

Tex 2009
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tex 2009 »

Good web site for seasonings. I will be trying a spicy variety 8O
Doug Grall
Huntsville, Texas