V10 plans

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
SteveD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V10 plans

Post by SteveD »

I also notice a difference in how much lumber you need to start with from the study plans for the V10 on the web site vice what is in on the BOM that is listed in the written "V10 building instructions" that were mailed to me.<BR><BR>The plans on the web call for 2 sheets of 1/4" plywood and 2 sheets of 3/8" plywood.<BR><BR>The written building instruction call for 2 sheets of 1/4" and 1 sheet of 3/8" plywood.<BR><BR>Which is correct? Or does the answer varry depending if you are building it to use a power boat vice sail? I´m going to try and build it to be capable of both.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

V10 plans

Post by jacquesmm »

I forwarded your message about blank pages in the notes to the order department.<BR>We need your email to send you a copy of the original text: it looks like the printer ran out of ink. Email to orders@e-boat.net. I deleted that message.<BR><BR>BOM discrepancies: we are working on that and there are several messages about that at the old forum. The bottom line is:<BR>- the BOM at the web site is always the best one<BR>- it is possible to build the boat with less plywood as shown on the printed BOM attached to the notes but it requires more plywood cuts. We changed the plans but not the BOM on the notes.<BR>- see the nesting drawing: it confirms that the BOM at the web site is the one to follow<BR><BR><BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: jacquesmm on 27-08-2002 09:36 ]</font>
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

SteveD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V10 plans

Post by SteveD »

Thanks. I will send the orders address my e-mail.