FS17 Weight Distribution

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
R00kie
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

FS17 Weight Distribution

Post by R00kie »

I am planning my build and it looks like the finished bare hull plus motor, gas tank/fuel, steering, anchor trolling motor, batteries, ice, tackle etc. will be at or near 1400 lbs with two people on board. The motor is a 48 Johnson 2 stroke at around 185 lbs. I have some flexibility with gas tank and trolling motor battery location, where is the optimal center of mass for all added equipment including the motor? As I have it drawn out now, the center of mass for everything added to the hull including the driver is just about 6" behind my feet if standing at the console as placed in the study plans
R00kie

Lung Boy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS17 Weight Distribution

Post by Lung Boy »

The designer specified in a previous thread that the longitudinal center of gravity should be 68 inches foward of the bottom of the transom. See if the following link works.
http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php ... preadsheet

He also provided this nice spreadsheet to help with the CG calculations.
http://www.bateau.com/free/LCG_FS17.xls

R00kie
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS17 Weight Distribution

Post by R00kie »

Thanks much LB, I have got to get better at searching. I really did look for quite a while. I take it that the bare hull as designed has the same LCB. If that is the case, then my initial lay out is pretty good (maybe at 69" with two batteries up under the casting deck). I'll probably end up with one battery up front near the back of the casting deck and a spare back in the stern. I am quite a ways from cutting panels, so now that I know this layout is pretty good, I can get to work on buying wood and fabbing some strong backs.