2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Thanks for the reply Joel :) Sounds like the guy that bought your boat really wanted it to come all that way to pick it up.
For sure the memories are the best part of owning and enjoying a boat...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

shine wrote:
Aripeka Angler wrote: That was a beautiful boat 8) Have you missed her and were you happy with the sale price? Forum member?
thanks, it was a nice skiff. New owner lives in New Orleans, drove 12 hours to get it and was very happy. I got out of it a little less that what I had in it. Not a forum member, he found it through boattrader.

I fished it only 2 times in 2012 8O Years before I might have used it twice in a week. I try not to hold onto things that are not being used. I can build another if/when I want one. The only emotional attachment is to the memories made in the boat, and i still got them :D

might build a quick Gf16 or something if I want to flats fish again.
And not to mention, if your like me, left some dna in the build :lol: so you will always be part of the boat :wink:
Completed: FL14, OD18

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I guarantee that I've never built one or fixed one without leaving DNA evidence :lol: Blood, sweat, tears, drool and snot. They've got it all. Something to remember me by :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

Alright boys. I thought that I was out for this meet, but the gods are starting to shine my way 8). I was able to have my kid without using ANY vacation time, so now I've got an extra 2 wks :D. On top of that, moving back to the land of the inlaws just gave me a huge kitchen pass. As long as I can get that week off ( did I mention that I make the call schedule this year :wink:) I should be good to go.

Now if there's any room left at the inn...

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

wegcagle wrote:
Now if there's any room left at the inn...

Will
If not you are (I think) more then welcome @ captain Hirrams! to avoid long walking,strolling,falling,bumping to walls time reserve a room close to ours :D

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

to avoid long walking,strolling,falling,bumping to walls time reserve a room close to ours
:oops:

I am still working out the logistics. I am hoping that SWMBO will come too, but for some reason she is having a hard time thinking that a trip where I eat, fish, and drink the whole time sounds like fun for her :lol: She loves doing all three of those as well, but I think she's afraid that she'll be in charge of the kids....my answer was to leave them at home with her parents.

Glad to hear that you're coming too Peter :!: Although now I KNOW I will need an extra vacation week to recover from this trip.

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

She loves doing all three of those as well, but I think she's afraid that she'll be in charge of the kids....my answer was to leave them at home with her parents.
For each of the 2 builder's meets we attended in Boca Grande, we brought along a babysitter. It pays to know young girls that are family or friends who don't mind an all-expense paid trip to the beach :wink: I can put up with their social networking addictions and trendy girl habits in exchange for them watching my kids while I fish and/or drink :lol: :lol:
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

booked an efficiency and slip for Friday and Saturday :)

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Sorry don't think we are gonna make it, we like to see the west coast this time, California, San Fransisco, well you know it :roll: to do it all would be to expensive for our budget sorry :(
We can sent a postcard though 8)

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

peter-curacao wrote:Sorry don't think we are gonna make it, we like to see the west coast this time, California, San Fransisco, well you know it :roll: to do it all would be to expensive for our budget sorry :(
We can sent a postcard though 8)
Peter, let me know if you get close to Arizona :D Or Disneyland, maybe I can take a trip and see you and my daughters at the same time :D
Larry B
Completed: FL14, OD18