2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2013 Southeastern Builders Meet, June13/15, Sebastian FL

Post by Cracker Larry »

We are sure going to miss you Peter and Gloria :( If you pass through this way, let me know.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:We are sure going to miss you Peter and Gloria :( If you pass through this way, let me know.
Thanks guys I'm still looking for a way to fit it in our vacation, thing is flying from Curacao to LAX is easiest and cheapest with a 1 hour stopover in Miami.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I understand, and the west coast is worth a trip for sure. Say hello to the fruits and nuts for me :lol:

When you ever finish that dang boat, Dori and I will come down to Curacao for a visit :D
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I'm going to have to cancel out of the builders meet this year. I hate it, it will be the first one I've missed in 6 years :( I've got a good suite booked if anyone wants it before I cancel the reservation. Also got dock space reserved for the weekend.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:I'm going to have to cancel out of the builders meet this year. I hate it, it will be the first one I've missed in 6 years :( I've got a good suite booked if anyone wants it before I cancel the reservation. Also got dock space reserved for the weekend.
Sorry to hear that Larry, maybe later this year you can come over and wet some lines in the Caribbean blue? 8)

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

maybe later this year you can come over and wet some lines in the Caribbean blue? 8)

You got it my friend :D Dori and I owe you and Gloria a visit. I'm sure we can wet something :lol: :lol:

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:
maybe later this year you can come over and wet some lines in the Caribbean blue? 8)

You got it my friend :D Dori and I owe you and Gloria a visit. I'm sure we can wet something :lol: :lol:
For sure our throat :lol: , maybe Richard and Sandi like to come along also?

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

peter-curacao wrote:
Cracker Larry wrote:

For sure our throat :lol: , maybe Richard and Sandi like to come along also?
We would love to visit you and Gloria. I have been a little short of discretionary spending money lately but things are looking up. Maybe we can make it down if you don't launch your boat too quickly.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

Unfortunately, Wallis and I are not going to make it this year. She has to schedule a birthday party for my soon-to-be 4 year old, and that's the only weekend around his birthday where everyone is in town (except us, of course). I'm really bummed out because I was going to display some changes to the XF20, but it'll have to wait...

We have a one-bedroom apartment reserved at the Sportsmans Lodge and dock space, so if anyone wants it, let me know. I'll hold onto it for a week or so before I cancel.

:( :( :(
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

Things have changed quite a bit - as far as who is able to attend. Lets renew the list and see where we stand. Robin and I are sad to see Peter, Seth, Richard, and Larry not able to make it. So, who is going? Here's the list as I see it after re-reading the thread:

Wadestep (Wade and Robin), OB19
Smokeymountain (Andrew), PH18
Shine
Jaques
Doc Dyer (Bradley) CapeHorn 26 offshore

UMMMM - we need some more people to make this a MEET - and not just a fishing trip. We're only 8 weeks away, is this going to happen this year? I've got the time, and so I'm going to have a vacation one way or another, but if no-one is oging to be at Sebastian, I'm going to re-open my list of places I could trailer the OB19 to.
wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.