Shamrock kid's Fs18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Shamrock kid's Fs18

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Ok here we go hope this works lots of pics, :help: I started this build at the beginning of the summer. Its hard finding the time to work on it. I was planning on being done sept 1st. But that deadline is not going to happen.
John

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Shamrock kid's Fs18

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Ha Ha it worked!!!!! I need to add a couple more pics, I'm actually a little further along. Got the inside glassed and the stringers tabbed in and one tapped. I will post those up soon.
John

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Hey hey! Awesome! Looks great! You are working at a very good pace to get that far along in just over 2 months. I tried setting a 6 month deadline for splashing mine, busted it. Then I thought I'd have it splashed by Memorial day, Nope! July 4th? Ha! Then splashed by Aug. 20, not gonna make it. I finally figured out that these boats take on a life of their own and they will be splashed when They are ready, not when we say so. Now that I figured that out it has made working on her much easier and more enjoyable. Remember, they don't give boats feminine names for kicks :D !

Have fun with your new "mistress"! And thanks.for posting all the pictures in your new build thread.
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Looks great. Real clean glass work and sweet motor, is that a 20 or 25?

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

AtTheBrink wrote:Hey hey! Awesome! Looks great! Remember, they don't give boats feminine names for kicks :D !

Have fun with your new "mistress"! And thanks.for posting all the pictures in your new build thread.
Thanks Mike, speaking of names any ideas of yours.
Cannonball wrote:Looks great. Real clean glass work and sweet motor, is that a 20 or 25?
Thanks, its a 25 I was thinking a 15 or 20 would do it. But ended up finding a deal on this one.
John

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

No names as of yet. I don't think there will be a name stenciled on the boat. But it will have a logo at the rear on each side and also on the front bulkhead in the cockpit. Still working on that logo. What about you? Any plans for a name? Cool logo?
Mike

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

I like the idea of a cool logo especially being a skinny water boat. I was thinking a tailing red or something of the sort. But I also like the idea of a name, Idk maybe both. Gives me something to think about while I'm working away. Maybe by the time I'm done it will of come to me. It's been a heck of a ride so far and if not for this forum and all the threads to read over I wouldn't of made it this far. I'm learning so much watching others do what they do. I've made allot of mistakes but this building method is very forgiving. I imagine I will continue to make mistakes as long as I learn from them I'll be okay. I know long winded right, I'll shut up now. But as of now no idea yet :doh:
John

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Nice work there John. Looks like you have a great place to build in as well. Hang in there and don't be in to much of a rush. Like Mike said, each build takes on a life of its own.

Looking forward to having another Bateau built in the Texas. :D 8)

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Mad Dog wrote:Nice work there John. Looks like you have a great place to build in as well. Hang in there and don't be in to much of a rush. Like Mike said, each build takes on a life of its own.

Looking forward to having another Bateau built in the Texas. :D 8)

MD :wink:
Thanks, MD yeah having a shop to build in is good in some ways but worst in others IMO. Sanding in an in closed shop verses an outside area is murder. During the day it's seems ten degrees hotter then it is outside the shop. I guess that's due to ventilation. But it comes in handy if it rains. Then again we haven't seen rain in a long time. :doh: Yeah I can see it's easy to get into a rush on your first build. I set a stupidly fast goal of finishing this. At that pace if I did make it the boat would of turned out messed up for sure. I've already learned to slow down and do it right. Mike and everybody else are correct these things do take on a life of there own.
John

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Heard you were a bit under the weather lately. Get well and press on brother! I will try to get some new pictures up tomorrow to motivate ya!
Mike