FL26 build in Friesland

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
denizayalp
New Poster
New Poster

Re: FL26 build in Friesland

Post by denizayalp »

So, is camber at wrong side or notches?
Deniz Ayalp
Burhaniye / Turkey

Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rob Eades »

Jaap,

Please tell us about the performance of your FL26!

thanks!

Rob

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg »

Your boat is amazing! The style, finish, colors - wow!

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Jaap wrote:So the boat has to wait till winter, but we launch her next year spring for sure!
Guess we've got a few more months waiting before learing how this beauty performs. :D :D :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Matt Gent
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Matt Gent »

That is a nice looking setup! What is the standing headroom under your enclosure?

Jaap
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jaap »

Dear fellow builders, it has been a while. We came back home after 3 years in Bangkok and had to do a complete upgrade of our old farmhouse. That work is almost finished and today we retrieved our FL26 from storage and put it behind the house where my workshop is. Plan is to finish it in the coming weeks and get her in the water!
I have visit this forum only a couple of times and saw some great progress and launches and hereby my apologies for my lack of contribution to all that put so much hard labor in their boats.
I post some more pictures this week, the interior is unfinished yet and my batteries had a hard time for the last 5 years being not charged. I was able to rescue one and it worked fine for some weeks in our car, but I bought a bunch of LiFeP04 batteries already to replace the old ones (that had never been used).

cheers

Jaap

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Welcome back :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rob Eades »

Jaap,

Any news, or even better, pics of the launch of the FL26 :doh:

We want to hear from you!

Rob

Jaap
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jaap »

Sorry to say, but I started the summer full of energy and was looking forward to launch the FL26. Besides that I did some work on a small 10 ft wooden boat (50 years old) also with electric propulsion. But I had a very stupid accident with my mtb bike and broke a vertebra with several cracks. But I am back walking now, left the korset behind 2 weeks ago, the muscles in my back are still very weak, but it will be ok within a few months ( I hoop sooner actually).
Did some work on the boat again, we prepared and installed the new battery pack with the LiFePo4 batteries, got the bms working. It looks still a bit messy. Today I fixed the hydraulic for the steering and painted the seats. Weather overhere was ok today, after a awesome nice weekend, but the next coming days look bad with a lot of rain and stormy wind. But I promised to launch her this summer, at least this year, so if we get everything ready that will happen this thursday or friday!
I keep you posted and have some pictures too.
I had to lay flat on my back for some time, so no computer, mail, forum etc. I apologize for that.

cheers,

jaap

justin_dwyer
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by justin_dwyer »

That sucks jaap, hope you get better sooner rather than later mate. :)