A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by ks8 »

I suppose I should say goodbye to the Apple II and C64. :?

The GF is looking properly dauntless. 8)

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Dang it, FedEx came with my new computer today while I was at Lowes buying more sanding disks. Signature required. Reckon I'll be sanding tomorrow when it comes back :D

Hang on to that C64 Karl, I keep mine along with my Vic20, Pong machine and Confederate money :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

robbiro
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by robbiro »

I still have an XT with two 5.25" floppies and DOS 3.3 for the OS. Monochrome monitor also!!
32.20.0983N
89.48.0787W
GF-16 FIRST LIGHT finished; D-5 Crusader '08 finished, PY 12 plans in hand

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Well, you caught me prepping for another dump run. I tossed the CP/M machine with the 5 mb Hard Drive. I don't have the time or room to be a museum curator anymore. :lol: The Apple IIe and IIgs are gone too. Still got the V20 chip XT clone, but that's on the toss list too. I might even have a DOS 1.1 floppy somewhere, and MacOS 1.0 through 10.3. A few 0.9 versions of software - Photoshop, Quark Express, Pagemaker.... got to go. They're probably not readable anymore now. The Mac 512k is queued up for the trash, drives and all. If I want to hear that startup sound anymore, I'll watch Wall-e do a solar recharge. Unix boxes - gone. Old Mandrake and SUSE install CDs, being dropped in the trash now. Never had an Amiga. Might keep the Radio Shack 40 column LCD laptop though. Never know when a simple RS232 terminal might be useful. And then there's those hard drives. I won't bore with the rest of the list, but keeping the C64. That packed a punch for its size. 8) I need to get a mighty bulk eraser that will cause a small aurora over the Tampa Bay area. Get your camera ready Craig. I'll post when I fire it up. :lol:

No confederate money here. You're older than I thought CL ... :!:

The dollars here might only be coupons soon, with expiration dates, redeemable for 1/10 cent cash value. :?

Well - render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, unto God the things that are God's. Me thinks Caesar could use some serious help. :(

Cold and wet here today... cooler than the past winter. A good sanding day. :)

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cottontop »

Larry, Guess we bought a similar unit at about thee same time. Wife uses it mostly and we have a Dell laptop with windows 7 on it. Got daughter to set up our email(I'm not a computer whizz myself) and just trashed the old system yesterday after receiving the same info you did. Winter may be over soon?! I hope!!!!! John

gk108

Post by gk108 »

ks8 wrote:Me thinks Caesar could use some serious help
But, the Good Lord helps those who help themselves and Caesar doesn't seem to have any problem helping himself any time he wants. :?

My big problem isn't old hardware, it's "deprecated" language. Most everything I've published on the web uses mysql language to interface with a web server database. Mysql is used by millions of websites. Even this forum uses it, unless phpBB has already upgraded.

Now we have to use the improved language, mysqli. The added "i" stands for insanity.
I have around 2500 scripts to edit between now and ???? when "deprecated" becomes "removed". :x

It's enough to drive a man to fairing something. :help:
CC, D15, V10

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ks8 »

I hear that :|

toddinbr
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toddinbr »

Hopefully you sold the Apple 2's ($200-800 a piece) they would pay for quite a bit of epoxy. Heck the C64's are bringing good money too. I saw a show about how collectible they become. Who would've thunk it...

CL the boat is looking great!

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Up and running on the new machine :D I was sanding away this morning when FedX came but they only delivered the CPU :doh: Oh well, back to sanding. About 4 hours later another FedX truck drives up with the monitor and keyboard. Weird. Finished up the sanding and started putting this bad boy together. Dang, it's fast! So far so good :D
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

No confederate money here. You're older than I thought CL ...
My great grandaddy buried it under the pecan tree :wink:

And I think everybody knows my thoughts on Caesar :oops: