Hopefully it's not just me....

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Jerry In Maine
Active Poster
Active Poster

Hopefully it's not just me....

Post by Jerry In Maine »

Someone tell me that I'm not the only one on this forum whose mis-read a dimension, misunderstood an instruction, transposed a number or otherwise just flat out screwed up...

I apparently got a bad case of the stupids which caused a couple mistakes. Nothing I can't recover from, just amounts to a bit of wasted ply. Lucky for me I bought an extra sheet.

But I sure feel like a bonehead :doh: Got to pay closer attention!

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Hopefully it's not just me....

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Jerry In Maine wrote:Someone tell me that I'm not the only one on this forum whose mis-read a dimension, misunderstood an instruction, transposed a number or otherwise just flat out screwed up...

I apparently got a bad case of the stupids which caused a couple mistakes. Nothing I can't recover from, just amounts to a bit of wasted ply. Lucky for me I bought an extra sheet.

But I sure feel like a bonehead :doh: Got to pay closer attention!
There's only two kinds of boat builders. Those that have screwed up and those that lie. :wink:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

FWIW, I've misremembered how I misread/misunderstood a dimension. Happened to two of us, that's why my GF18 is a GF 17' 8 1/2 incher. I pulled that one off with oversight by MR P, we still laugh about it. :doh: The boat doesn't seem to care.

Jerry In Maine
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jerry In Maine »

Well, the good news...if there is any, is that I can slice up the mis-cut plywood up to use as rub rail. That way it's not a total loss.
Last edited by Jerry In Maine on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

There's only two kinds of boat builders. Those that have screwed up and those that lie. :wink:
What he said :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Somewhere on the forum there is an oops thread. :lol: :wink:

Jerry In Maine
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jerry In Maine »

When I found my two mistakes I said something a little more colorful than 'oops' :oops:

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

I'm guessing that many boat builder's dog has been a witness to some awfully colorful talk at such times. Which gets me to thinking... Do dogs hear in black and white too?

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

No they hear in full color :lol:
When I found my two mistakes
Only 2? You must be living right. Or not. I believe that you aren't really living unless you are making some mistakes every day. Then you learn and grow from them. People who don't make mistakes don't do anything worthwhile. Or they lie. After you do something wrong a few times you learn how to do it right, then you do something else wrong and learn some more 8) Experience teaches us how to recognize mistakes after we've made them again. Don't paint on windy days :wink:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

robbiro
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by robbiro »

Cats hear in black and white and just purr at our choice of verbiage. If you only had two 'oops" then like Larry said, you are living right.

Keep on Buildin'
Robbie
32.20.0983N
89.48.0787W
GF-16 FIRST LIGHT finished; D-5 Crusader '08 finished, PY 12 plans in hand