OB19 build in Texas - I accidentally deleted my gallery They're trying to restore.

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: OB19 build in Texas T-Top-erific

Post by Uncle D »

Boat really looks great Steven. T-tops complete a CC boat for sure.

Don

Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: OB19 build in Texas - It's never done

Post by Steven »

So this year I'll be doing a lot of smaller things I put aside while doing the T-Top. I ordered the Lowrance NMEA cables to hook the Yamaha to my HDS unit. Got some Boat Buckles I'll be installing this weekend. Going to order some new Battery cable for inside the Console where my Trolling batteries are. One was always a bit short so I couldn't run it just as I wanted. Have to add a couple vents to the upper sides of the new console. I worry about gas building up from the batteries and corroding the various electronic connectors. Once the NMEAA network is installed, I'll order a GPS antenna to go on the T-Top that will plug into the network. Biggest project will be building the Electronics Box for the Top. Really want to get it built and a radio installed. I started it using marine fir and decided the plywood sucked too much. So going to order a quartered sheet of Okoume from here. Need to order a rubrail and get that installed. Before installing the rubrail, I need to repaint the sheer strip, and then retouch the upper deck non skid. Need to modify the fenders on the trailer by adding a raised tilted rub surface to easy loading the boat. If I'm not careful, it will wash over the fender which is tough on the spray rail. So this turned into a jumbled rant and now I'll need to prioritize it all.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Made me tired just reading it :!: :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Steven

Post by Steven »

I got tired after writing it. :help: Only thing for it is to just plug a way. Got a few things checked off this weekend.

Turns out I installed a longer battery cable when I installed the new console, but never liked how I routed the Battery Charger cables. Changed that up and made it neater.

Got the Boat Buckles installed. I love these. So much nicer than loose ratchet straps. They are stainless so they should hold up.

Think I've decided on this radio and Antenna. NMEA 2000 compatible so it will just plug into my network.

Shakespeare 5226-XT 8' Galaxy Antenna

Steven

Post by Steven »

Technology is cool. Did a test hook up of the NMEA network from my Motor to my Lowrance. Still melting ice in the boat, but I couldn't wait. Temp got to high forties with nice Sun in the sky so had to see how it worked. Had to plug the Lowrance Yamaha Command Link to NMEA 2000 conversion cable into the motor and into the NMEA cable. Crimped terminal ends on the power cable and hooked the NMEA cable to the Lowrance. Fired up the engine and instant data after 15 minutes of work. Not bad. For Trim you have to dig out two wires under the cowling that aren't connected and connect them to send the signal down the NMEA path. That was a pain just because the space is small to get to the connectors and remove the water tight plugs. So I've gone from just a Tach to all kinds of useful data. I'm most excited about the Trim gauge. :) I'll be replacing the Analog Tach with a Lowrance multi gauge. It's a standard size so it's just a swap out.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

That is sweet 8) Technology is a wonderful thing!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

super cool..... now you just need a second 7" display for the fishfinder and Nav screen :D

Steven

Post by Steven »

Unfortunately, a second HDS7 Display is the best price option at 699.00 for a large color display.

Garmin makes a display that's 549.00 but rather bland. I need to look into this some more to see other data layouts. It's nice and readable.

The Lowrance Multifunction gauge will give me a separate view of a few readouts at a time, but it's nothing like 7" of color. :x I'll get one of these and live with it a season to see just how bad I want a separate full sized view. Seems to be a market opportunity here. Full size color LCD display with graphics and customizable layout options. I'm sure there are higher end units, but not practical on a 19' boat.

Auger01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Auger01 »

That Garmin GMI 20 will also display in color I believe. I have two of the older model GMI10's in my boat and I love them. TONS of information in a small space. The GMI10 is still available for around $350 I believe.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j36 ... 7d9393.jpg

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

That is some high tech stuff. Looks great 8)
Gary
GF-16 Completed