Flyer

Discussions about the free plans distributed at bateau.com and BoatPlans-OnLine.com.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Flyer

Post by Cracker Larry »

I've got no idea. I know how much I'd pay for it though, probably less than you :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:I've got no idea. I know how much I'd pay for it though, probably less than you :lol:
:lol: :lol: LOL Funny your the second one I talked to who doesn't like that boat, I guess that confirms the there's No Accounting For Taste phrase :wink:

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Whatever floats your boat 8) It does nothing for me personally. I wouldn't have any use at all for that boat, but I'm sure somebody would. It's a pretty toy. I want my boats to work. That's why they make all kinds of boats and all kinds of people 8)
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote:Whatever floats your boat 8) It does nothing for me personally. I wouldn't have any use at all for that boat, but I'm sure somebody would. It's a pretty toy. I want my boats to work. That's why they make all kinds of boats and all kinds of people 8)
I like to build it to sell, I was hoping it attracts international (ebay) buyers , honestly I don't think I can use it here either, just a test run that's it, but after visiting lake Ontario I can imagine a boat like this can be a blast in this area?

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I don't know, never been to Lake Ontario either :lol: I think if you found the right buyer they would pay a lot. $100K at least, or maybe more. I wouldn't even want it as a gift myself, I'd sell it on Ebay and buy a fishing boat.

Just because it doesn't fit my personality and needs doesn't mean that it won't fit somebody else's. Go with your gut.

kcinnick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by kcinnick »

A proper fishing boat around here is like gold. Of course you will get offers of 1989 pick up trucks that don't run, a variety of 4 wheelers and dirt bikes in questionable condition, playstations and the occasional "you take payments". Oh, and the guy with the $1000 40hp motor that has new jets giving it a few more HP will want $5000 trade or $4500 cash for it, when you can go buy one for less than that new...

Nice boat, I am glad the plans lay things out much better than old school plans. I think that boat would be even better with some rod holders, some beer holders, a casting deck and well, a regular deck. Maybe move that motor to be an outboard and put in a bait well and rear casting deck...

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

peter-curacao wrote:What would be a fair reserve price on ebay for a boat like this?
Funny there's one up for auction right now :lol: 37K buy it now, I was thinking 30 K so if this guy sells it for 37 k (probably not) I'm on the safe site. 8)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crandall-Super- ... 1844399593

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I wouldn't build it for labor alone for less than 30K. Plus materials. Lot of materials involved there to do it right.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

I'm thinking that a boat like that may need even more labor and time and expense to do right under the deck, than the exterior details and metal work. :)

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

jacquesmm wrote:I suggest an improvement: feed air to the step with a cut in the side. Without that, it will cavitate, too much negative P at the step.
Can you explain that a little more? I think it's more or less the same what the guys who are building tunnels in their hulls try to achieve or not? :doh: Should I put 2 holes (port and star) in the step under need the waterline and feed it air with hoses above the waterline? I tried to illustrate it in the pic at frame 9
Cracker Larry wrote:I wouldn't build it for labor alone for less than 30K. Plus materials. Lot of materials involved there to do it right.
The way I look at it: it's just a big piggy bank, loads of fun to fill, and hopefully I get out as much as I put in filling it :wink: