Sure is quiet around here...

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Sure is quiet around here...

Post by willg »

pee wee wrote:
blueflood wrote:
(how do you copy & paste a quote from another post? I never did figure that one out)
Another way to do it is hit the "quote" button at the top of the desired post and it will put the whole thing in the reply box with attributes, if you don't want all of it you can delete some of it. You can quote multiple posts by going down the line clicking that button in each.
Yep, that's how I do it. In fact, I just did!

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

But most times I just want to quote one sentence and not the entire thing. Highlight it, copy it, paste it, takes at least 6 seconds :lol:
if you don't want all of it you can delete some of it
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

:D Got it

Marc the fool on bus.
Last edited by blueflood on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Cracker Larry wrote:But most times I just want to quote one sentence and not the entire thing. Highlight it, copy it, paste it, takes at least 6 seconds :lol:
if you don't want all of it you can delete some of it
:D

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

:D Everything is easy, when you know how. They can be a bitch when you don't :lol:
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

lung
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by lung »

Larry: I noticed Hamaan's OD18 and have emailed him to see if it is available.

I built an Indian River Skiff 8 or 9 years ago, and it has been much too tender for me from the beginning. The last time I used the boat last Spring, I fell twice, once overboard at the ramp and then head first into the forward anchor locker upon returning to the dock. I'm donating the boat to my church.

I'm almost 70, very unstable (every step is a controlled stumble) and 100 lbs overweight (260). My question is: How stable is the OD 18 at rest? I would hate to build (or, finish building) one and then run into the same problems that I've had w/ the D15.

Can you help me out? (No, I don't need a recommendation for a diet or a personal trainer. I mean, how stable will this boat be for a fat almost old fart?)
D-15; XF20 abuilding
"Once, as I watched her walk across the room . . ."

Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Q »

Yesterday on the 1st I reinstated an old tradition of mine and went fishing, albeit not truly offshore. We threw the SeaPro in the water at Port Canaveral and trolled the beach off Cape Canaveral Air Force Station looking for some Spanish. Marked a bunch of bait, but didn't find anything for the box. We picked up and ran out to buoy 4 (4 miles out). It was pretty snotty out.... 3-4 and confused. Anchored up some 100 feet from the buoy, and put out some live bait. Nada. Water was really dirty. Ran back in as it started to lay down.

I hate this boat. With my back it's a chore to get in the useless small cabin. This boat is top heavy, and likes to roll. We had four on board, two of which are over 200 lbs. It was a little crowded. The Evinrude 150 ran quite well, but I'm looking at replacing the steering now, and since that piece of upholstery and compromised plywood backing is deteriorated and needs to be removed for access, I might as well replace it and saturate the replacement with epoxy. Heck....while doing that I might as well replace the control cables too. Is there a light at the end to this tunnel??? :roll:
I now know without a doubt or hesitation why the chicken crossed the road.....

....it was to show the armadillo it could be done.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I'm almost 70, very unstable (every step is a controlled stumble) and 100 lbs overweight (260). My question is: How stable is the OD 18 at rest? I would hate to build (or, finish building) one and then run into the same problems that I've had w/ the D15.

Can you help me out? (No, I don't need a recommendation for a diet or a personal trainer. I mean, how stable will this boat be for a fat almost old fart?)
I know what you mean, I also walk in controlled stumbles, and that's when I'm sober :lol: I'm no youngun either. If I was overweight my legs probably wouldn't even hold me up, they ain't what they used to be. Too many boat miles I reckon :?

It is an extremely stable boat and compared to a D15 it will feel like a floating dock. Stable enough that I put my wife in it and take her 50 miles offshore. We've been in some really nasty weather and big breaking waves. Never once felt like the boat was unsafe, in any conditions. Heck of a good boat.

And mine could be for sale :wink:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I have not had my OD-18 nearly as long as Larry, nor have I taken it as many places, but the one thing that always jumps out at me is the stability of the boat. It is normal for me to have 3-4 250-300 LB men in the boat all moving around fighting fish and still it just sits there. In my mind this is the designs #1 trait.
Fuzz

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Cracker Larry wrote:
And mine could be for sale :wink:
Say it isn't so.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978