Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jayb01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

Post by jayb01 »

I've got this on an aluminum boat and it works well. Two banks (for two batteries) and 10amps per bank so it can charge pretty quick.

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/GUEST-2620A ... Q&click=19

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

P19, finally at home where she belongs, it was a rough start to the spring here in Michigan weather wise but this week promises to be a good one!

Still trying to dial in the prop, Tom’s going to like to hear this, started with a 13 X 19 steel prop (came with the engine), went to a 17 pitch, 15 pitch, you were right Tom, 13 ¾ X 13 aluminum seems to be the closest I could get for running the proper RPM’s, still only getting 5900 rpm’s at full throttle but my prop guy has given up on me, says it must be the motor, close enough he says , is it? I don’t know.

Going fishing tonight regardless.
Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Yep, close enough :D

Boat looks great now that ice is out. Don't know how you stand those winters!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I may have to go the way of Topwater soon Larry!
Joe H

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Hi, Joe it's not your motor or any thing else. E-mail me arrowhead @ live.com and we will get you set up. Let me know what the rpm's were with the original prop and the 17 and 15 inch props. We were going to get you a SS prop so no use in settling for an aluminum one now, since you started with a steel prop. Let me also know the brand and model of the props they gave you to try. This will give me the rake and cup that you were dealing with. in example Michigan Raptor.

Joe I'll be glad to help. I may want to start from scratch if I don't get enough info from above.

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

topwater

Post by topwater »

Joe the boat is sure looking good in the water again 8) Come on down to Florida i haven't put on a long
pair of pants since i have been here . Much better than -50 degree wind chill .
Novi 23 finally launched !

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Geeez 8O I had to go turn on the heater after seeing that picture, and it's 85 degrees here :help:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

topwater

Post by topwater »

:lol:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

We were going to get you a SS prop so no use in settling for an aluminum one now, since you started with a steel prop. Let me also know the brand and model of the props they gave you to try.
Tom,
I’m done for now, not kidding, my prop guy has seen enough of me and I don’t have the cash for a stainless right now, I think I’m okay, I can get her up to 6000 and more by trimming the motor way up just before she lets go, she feels real good at a cruising speed of 25, thanks for all your help, oh, I ended up with a 13 3/4 X 13 Michigan Wheel.

6 more years of this rat race before I can go John, besides Larry gave away my 5 acres, now where am I gonna go. :lol:

New launch this weekend, now her Mom what’s me to build her a Kayak so they can go out together.

Joe H

Oh, one more thing, Jacques, I love my P19, everything about it, I have a guy here in Michigan that wants me to build him one, he's willing to pay but I do not have it in me to build for someone else, I have my own list I want to build before I can't, so if you know someone who would willing and can do a professional job please let me know.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Joe H wrote:
Oh, one more thing, Jacques, I love my P19, everything about it, I have a guy here in Michigan that wants me to build him one, he's willing to pay but I do not have it in me to build for someone else, I have my own list I want to build before I can't, so if you know someone who would willing and can do a professional job please let me know.
I know a couple of builders here in Florida but none in Michigan, sorry.
I am glad you enjoy the boat: you did a great job building her.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com