P19 Small Boat Monthly

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

P19 Small Boat Monthly

Post by Joe H »

I know, it's been awhile since I posted much on the forum, no real reason just been busy with life and enjoying my P19 with Michigan's short summer.
Some time ago I sent a few pictures of my P19 to Wooden Boat Magazine hoping to see it in their new launchings section, I thought they must have just thrown the pics into there back files never to be seen again until last week when I received an email from WB editor saying I'll bet you thought we forgot about you and your boat, well they didn't and they wanted to know if they could do a full feature of my P19 in their Small Boat Monthly digital addition, sounds great!
So I have some questions, I'll acknowledge Jacques as the Designer of course and Bateau.com as the source for supplies, and without the support of this forum the boat would have never been built, is there anything else I need to consider in my write up? I told the editor I'm no writer and he asked that I just put down my thoughts and reasons for building that particular boat in about 500 words (working on that), send it to him and he will write the article, he also wants the specifications of the boat and a bunch of pictures, I have already sent him about 50 more pictures ranging from the stack of plywood to the finished boat.
Would it be alright to send him the specs right from the site with the plan view and side view included?
Any suggestions?

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=1193

I hope everyone's having fun at the builders meet.

Thanks
Joe H   
Last edited by Joe H on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: P19 Small Boat Monthly

Post by jacquesmm »

Yes, you can give the specs and if needs a nice study plan drawing, I can produce one but it will take a while. I leave this PM for Homosassa and after that, will spend 2 weeks on the water delivering a boat from the West Coats to the East Coast.
I don't know who the editor is now but tell him I was friends with Carl Cramer, the previous publisher of Wooden Boats.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

Congrats Joe 8)
Novi 23 finally launched !

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Thx John, pretty cool huh! Looks like you all had fun at the builders meet, your boat looks great!

Jacques, Carl from wooden boat retired late last year or early this year, Christopher Cunningham is the editor from WB's Small Boat Monthly but I'll let him know you know Carl.
As far as study copies I'll just take some screen dumps and send him those with your permission, I sent him my 500 words and he's working on a rough draft now.
Be safe on your voyage, I'll let you guys know when the article is out.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=1193

Joe H

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil »

Congrats Joe on the news. I am sure you will do all of us proud with the article on that great looking boat.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Thanks Eric , your p19 was the reason I built mine!
Joe H

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

For those who are interested:
Small Boat Monthly released there new edition today, http://www.smallboatsmonthly.com

Chris Cunningham, editor of Small Boat Monthly, wrote a nice article on my building of the P19, it was more of personal view then technical but I think it came out good.

I also wrote up a large paragraph on the support of the designer and all the guy's huge, positive influence from the forum while building this boat, as a lot of you know, sometimes when you don't feel much like building on, the guys on the forum here are ready to give the nudge needed, the editor must have truncated the majority out of the article.

Thanks

Joe H

poleposition
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by poleposition »

^

Nice article--congrats. I couldn't help but laugh at the "kids losing the tools " comment as I know my Dad and I had quite a few of those "discussions" while growing up, and believe me, the scenario came full circle w/ my kids. This past weekend I spent half a day looking for some binoculars that one of the grandkids managed to lose in the deer woods....

topwater

Post by topwater »

I saw the article yesterday ...again congratulations Joe 8)
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Joe H, Very nice article!! Congrats!! Jeff