Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by topwater »

Hell i'm jealous of the shop :!:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, glad your shop is busy but hate hearing about your health!! Take care of yourself and watch those crazy meds!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

cape man wrote:Hope the back heals. I had three years of it in early 2000's that I remember too well. Hard to build anything when you're hurting. Jealous of the air tools :wink:
Thank you for wishing me well. The air tools are a blessing. :)
topwater wrote:Hell i'm jealous of the shop :!:
It used to make good money but competing against China and Mexico has us surviving not growing. Level the playing field and no country can out produce us.
Jeff wrote:Eric, glad your shop is busy but hate hearing about your health!! Take care of yourself and watch those crazy meds!! Jeff
Thanks Buddy.

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

It used to make good money but competing against China and Mexico has us surviving not growing. Level the playing field and no country can out produce us.

Looks like that might just happen. Soon! On the down side...you might be so busy you don't have time to build your boat.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month. I have been busy with work, family and church. I'd forgotten how busy life can get through the holidays!
I put another 6 ounce of fairing compound on today. I might get more on after lunch.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad to hear from you!! Hope all is well with you and your girls!! Happy holidays, Jeff

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

I'm very glad to hear you're ok, waiting for more pictures :roll:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I got some work done today on the build and thought to share pictures of the progress.
I started out sanding where I left off. A couple of hours with the air file and orbital got this section done.

I decided to work in 3 oz. bathes today so I could take little breaks and give my shoulder a rest. I didn't want to get halfway into a large mix and have to stop if it acted up.

Next:

I had enough fairing mix to do one more batch. I decided to put it on the aft section as it takes a bit more to fair the tape overlaps.

I may get to do a little more tomorrow afternoon. I have to hit the DMV in the morning to renew my license, let my 15 year old get her permit and my oldest will hopefully pass her road test this go around. :lol:
If for some reason I don't post before Jan.1 2017, I hope you all have a safe and Very Happy New Year!!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, Good to have you back on the forum!! Best of luck at the DMV!! I remember my daughter getting her license about 12 years ago now!! They grow up too fast!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thanks Jeff. It has gone too fast!!
So far tonight the shoulder is fine, no pain. Hopefully I can get back on this.