Mike's FS14 LS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Mike's FS14 LS

Post by stickystuff »

I would pull the 20 off the FS18 and try it out. Only way you can find out how it handles. Just slip it off in the back yard and go for it. :lol:
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

I am still waiting on pics of the 15 on Joe,s LS ???? May have to call him again. :(
Capt. Ken Owens

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ken, Yes, get us some photo's from Joe when possible!! Happy holidays to you and the family!! Jeff

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Pics on the way
Capt. Ken Owens

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Here's the updated Imgur Gallery:
Imgur Album

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
Congratulations to such a piece of art. That would be the right boat for me because I am not fishing so it could stay away from any water that could harm it and just be on display in my garden like a statue on a pedestal to point out here lives the best expert boat builder of Austria. Jokes aside I am learning such a lot from these beautiful pictures and it gives me the boost to keep trying to build my boat anywhere near yours. Thanks for the update.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

Thanks for the kind words Karl. I'm extremely happy with the way the boat looks, and it may end up as decoration for my house if I can't sell it. Have a Merry Christmas. Mike

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
I am sure you dont want to sell this boat or are you not fishing like most of the other forum members. By now I know already that I will not sell my sail boat once it is finished. i actually told my granddaughter that it will belong to her. My wife already stated that it is the last boat I am building and therefore I can only enjoy to sail. Now that I think of it I got 6 panels of Okoume left over from my FS13 build and the Pixie 14 plans in the drawer which I ordered as my Christmas gift last Year. The future will show if I build a boat that I have to sell because my garden is small and cannot store more than 3 boats.
A happy festive season to you and your family.
Greetings from Karl
P.S.: I think I must load down all your pictures onto my notebook like I did with a few other builders pictures ( George, Bondo, Salvatore ) to have something beautiful to look at when I am somewhere in the mountains offline.
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Here's the updated Imgur Gallery:
Geez, I picked a really good time to retire. That boat is beautifully built! I hereby pass the torch. Dang, that is nice 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

Thanks Larry, I think I've done a nice job, but both of my builds are little toys compared with some of your builds and others I've seen. I just saw Brads PH18 today for the first time, and holy crap what a beauty. Wish I didn't have to work for a living, because I would just build boats for fun. Although you may be officially retired from boat building, we're all fortunate to have your continued support and advice. Mike