Landon's 1/10th Scale FS19 Model

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Landon's 1/10th Scale FS19 Model

Post by narfi »

So...... pros and cons between garvy 13 and fs14? They seem to have a similar BOM.

Thinking about a young boy on a big lake often alone or with a couple friends. Again always on beaches, gravel and boulders.....

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Hehe I just did a search on the forum here for "gv13 vs fs14" and the fairly unanimous answer seems to be fs17.......

I wonder if I'm the most indecisive person to register here?

One big advantage I see to building a small boat first (which I think will be well used) is that hopefully within a few years I can budget a hangar/workshop. I think I would be alot more ok building a smaller "quicker project" outside and then later build a multi-year project inside...... not sure how big a deal that is but its something I worry about.

Summer is my buissest time for work and while I do have 23hrs of sun I also have fewer hours awake away from work........ And winter outside isn't possible. ......

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

GV-13 is a bigger boat than a FS-14. Either way my thought was along the lines of something you are not going to panic over every time Landon runs her up on the beach at half throttle and piles out. And you know with a boy this is going to happen :lol:

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:42 pm And you know with a boy this is going to happen :lol:
But who will do it more? Him or his dad?........

every time i get on our Honda i feel 16 again..... kids caught me spinning doughnuts in front of the school a couple weeks ago, was dark out so I didnt think anyone was around but guess they were getting out of basketball practice....

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Landon: "Dad?"
Me: "Yes?"

L: can we name the boat?
Me: sure. What would you like to call it?

Him: silently digs out the tape and scissors and gets to work.....
20170220_204738.jpg
DLA are the each of our first initials.
I'm not sure how naming conventions work or if he will stick with the idea but it doesn't seem too bad an idea. The purpose is family bonding after all :)

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

DLA is kind of hard to pronounce, what if you turn the initials around and call it "LAD"?
Hank

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

pee wee wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 am DLA is kind of hard to pronounce, what if you turn the initials around and call it "LAD"?
Great minds think alike there Peewee!

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

We had dinner at a buddies house tonight. They are moving to Georgia and he has started browsing the plans here after seeing the model Landon and I are making.

He really likes the 25ft Carolina Sportfish and we spent some time watching the bateau youtube playlist while letting or steaks settle enough for desert.

I didn't even know there was a bateau youtube playlist..... I'm gonna have to watch it all now ...........

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Make sure he looks up and goes through Peter-curacao's CS25 build. It shows a lot of good and a few do not's.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978