Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 »

Huntsabunch wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 am I have a small digital scale (sealed inside a ziplock bag for protection) and mix my quick fair by weight rather than volume. I assume you are doing that since your posts reference the weight of your batches. As long as your calculations are correct your batch will be also. You've got to be pretty good at math because a machinist who is bad math would have a very large scrap pile, and I don't see one of those sitting around your shop. :lol:
Yep, doing it the same way. Scrap has to be a minimum in my shop. The cheapest thing I machine in volume is 316 SS (About 2.17 a pound right now). :lol: :lol:

Huntsabunch
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Huntsabunch »

I try to stick with aluminum, brass, or anything with an "L" in it. Kinda lazy that way. I fish the same way but I'll hunt in any conditions. :)

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Well I hope I got it mixed correctly this time.

I also filled the spray rail on the other side at chine.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, looks good and glad you got it fixed!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Eric be happy that was only a small set back! You could have been like me and had to scrape the entire side :oops:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:02 pm Eric be happy that was only a small set back! You could have been like me and had to scrape the entire side :oops:
Oh Lord! Yea my Friend, That could not have been fun.

Last bit of work today. I sanded the lower panel again. It's ready for primer now.
Here is the long board transition.

The bow is also ready for primer.

Last I was sanding under the spray rail on this side and I'm getting lows. I think tomorrow I'l recoat with QF using the PVC pipe trick.
I used my thumb to apply it the first time. I though tit was gonna work. Maybe I'm being to picky, It's my nature.
Here is what I'm talking about, you can see a beige color under the PVC pipe that needs to be filled.

Considering this mornings set back and a 75 mile round trip to pick up plating for the machine shop I think today was productive. Tomorrow will bring more sanding and filling, I'm getting used to it. :lol:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Well I didn't get much done on the boat yesterday. I went in late around 8:30 and an old friend surprised me with a visit. We talked and caught up until 11 or so. :D My Brother and I had two guys working overtime so we took every one out for lunch. When we got back I placed my weekly tool orders and material orders. Then I wrote 3 mill programs and loaded them in the machine. That took me until 2:30. I decided to sand on the boat at that point, I got the spray rail sanded (the side I had to re-work). then I started on the strakes on the bottom. I got about four feet of that done and my stupid shoulder started hurting. I've learned not to push through this pain, it just makes it worse. Heck it's 5:45 am as I write this and it's still jolting me now and then. No picture this go around. I'm gonna spend the day with my girls, book shopping Barnes & Noble, pick up some sushi supplies and get my car washed.
Y'all have a blessed weekend and have some fun.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, have a good weekend with your girls!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thank you Buddy!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jacques,

This is a picture of the gap at the transom form all the over lapped glass. This is at the centerline of keel, it's about 3/16 inch.
Should I fill this with biaxial cloth and fair it with Quick Fair?