Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by TomW1 »

Hi Eric, don't forget to put on a guide coat after maybe your second round of fairing before sanding this will show your highs and lows.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

TomW1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm Hi Eric, don't forget to put on a guide coat after maybe your second round of fairing before sanding this will show your highs and lows.

That is the plan. I tested that 3m guide coat on the bow yesterday. It makes it pop out at you and there is no wait time. :wink:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I decided to come to the shop and work on the boat for a little bit. I put on a second batch of Quick Fair.
It was mostly spot filling and filling the keel. I used 90 more grams. It was a couple of hours at a leisurely pace, my knees are tired from the river yesterday.

View from the table:

From the Bow.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. :D

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

She's looking smoother than a baby's butt Eric. When you gonna prime that beast 8)

bateau-webmaster

I'm betting this guy's gonna bust out the laser level on us, and sweep for lows with it :p

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

bateau-webmaster wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 pm I'm betting this guy's gonna bust out the laser level on us, and sweep for lows with it :p
Industrial 3D scanner. Input data to surface modeler. Modeler creates map to modified 3 axis CNC. Map includes tool switching to "ez fair" and adequate waits for curing. There is another customization to the CNC, "micro fairing board" that uses tunneling electron microscope to ensure leveling at the molecular level.

Then he will give it a third pass just to make sure.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

bateau-webmaster

I'm lovin it. I do have plans to one day build a "fairing drone" something along those lines :P

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

3D printer for complete (and safe) hull.

There has to be something viable there.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

You come up with something to do the fairing and you will be a zillionair in short order :lol:

bateau-webmaster

I hope so! That's definitely on my bucket list.