Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Fuzz »

That is what I am talking about :D
I am betting it is going to look a lot better than what you are letting on. :wink:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I'm looking forward to the pictures! 8)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz, its workboat. If she wasn't getting frustrated by the sound of the sander I'd fill a few spots where the epoxy shrunk while curing. I'll be happy with it, no questions. But I'll never call it anything but a workboat topside.

Eric, I'll take lots of pics. I'll get some before and after a to show how much small and large defects change in the painting process.

I'm also debating making one more change... in only used 60gr. Nothing finer than that for the whole boat. I'm thinking I might do some 80 and 120 areas just as a demonstration on what the surfaces look like when finished. But that takes work. And I'm lazy.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

For you Fuzz

I couldn't stand the mast partner without easing the corners and edges at the rubrail. FIXED. And approved by the boss.

And we have dagger board slot! Router for slotting, dremel for perfecting the slot, router with round over to edge.

Next up primer. Need to straight epoxy the slot so that mid seat will be a day late for initial coat. I'm expecting I can get caught up with time to topcoat this weekend.

Your turn Fuzz. Fish or boat.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, really nice work!!! She is really coming together!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is looking good Jaysen. I think SWMBO will approve :D

As for boat or fish.................it will be fish, just waiting for a weather window. It is warming up, finally, but the wind does not want to give us a break. One of my fishing buddies made a trip off of Deep Creek yesterday and tried to recreate that beaching/loading video I posted last year :help:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I guess I'm spoiled with all the access to concrete ramps and the lack of wave motion up here in the sound. Next time someone hears out offer to "help" them with recovery by providing video analysis. Should be simple ... "stop being a dingus and stay home!"

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 pm Jaysen, really nice work!!! She is really coming together!! Jeff
Thanks Jeff the hardest part is still ahead... registering with SC DNR.

And rudder. Still need a plan for the rudder.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen, Do me a favor and document the registration with SCDNR. You get to be the example for me to go by! Boat looks great, ready for the paint pictures. :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

That little detail on the mast partner is sweet.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman