Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Fuzz »

You have come so far this little set back is no big deal. I have total faith you will resolve it and have fun sailing soon. :D

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Definitely looks like too much space. I think glossieblack's suggestion, or the PVC, or maybe wrapping the mast would be the best options. From the plans, the hole in the mast partner looks narrower than the step, and the step looks like it has about the same gap as in your photo. I'll ask Jacques to take a look at the thread here. Maybe he can weigh in when he gets to the next wi-fi spot.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Now that I look at that drawing again, (I tried to do a quote with the image, but it didn't work) it seems to be saying 3" to center of hole from edge of seat, not 3" diameter . . .
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Now that you point that out...

Hmm... I'm going to start with the bushing idea tonight. The "rebuild" will need to be over the winter.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Do that, go play, make it right this winter :D
So have you started the paper work goat rope yet?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I asked Jamie to send you a PM in response to your question to me earlier today. I hope he was able to help and I know Jamie also sent an email to Jacques!! We have not heard from him (Jacques) in more than 10 days now and he should re-surface soon!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 pm Do that, go play, make it right this winter :D
So have you started the paper work goat rope yet?
no...called to verify photos... have to show fully rigged. That's the plan for tonight. Which will require moving the boat. Just might accidentally move her down the launch ramp. Oops!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm Jaysen, I asked Jamie to send you a PM in response to your question to me earlier today. I hope he was able to help and I know Jamie also sent an email to Jacques!! We have not heard from him (Jacques) in more than 10 days now and he should re-surface soon!! Jeff
I think I have the answer I need. Answers which basically say "LEARN TO READ A PLAN YOU MORON!"

Perfectly acceptable answer :)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

That is not an answer I would send you!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 pm That is not an answer I would send you!!! Jeff
My wife may have been involved with reading the responses :P