Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm
Eric1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 pm
Aripeka Angler wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 pm I hear you, I had a cnc saw down on Monday.
Glad to help, looking forward to your primer photos 8)
Just ridiculous what repair costs on CNCs. The transmission will run me 14,555.00 and the spindle rebuild was 8,800.00. :x
Those home made $500 units seem a bit more attractive now? :D
Not really, not for what I do with a CNC. :lol: You would have to see one of these running a 2 1/2" indexable drill at 14" a minute in Stainless to understand. The CNC you are talking about would not be accurate enough either.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:06 pm Not really, not for what I do with a CNC. You would have to see one of these running a 2 1/2" indexable drill at 14" a minute in Stainless to understand. The CNC you are talking about would not be accurate enough either.
yeah, you are way to big. But it sure would be nice if you could DIY something that would work...
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm
Eric1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:06 pm Not really, not for what I do with a CNC. You would have to see one of these running a 2 1/2" indexable drill at 14" a minute in Stainless to understand. The CNC you are talking about would not be accurate enough either.
yeah, you are way to big. But it sure would be nice if you could DIY something that would work...
Dang sure would!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

csotelo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:32 pm Looking good, Eric!

Once you got the primer, open the can and stir it. Mine (Interlux) is so thick, even after I thin it as recommended that covered all marks of 60gr sanding in the first coat. It can save a good time and don´t compromise the results.

Regards,

Carlos.
Thank you Carlos! I plan to take my primer to Lowes and ask them to mix my primer up too.

End of the day report.

XXX 1. Fair last two strakes. Filled Complete! XXX
2. Dam and fill upper side panel to transom. Filled and Sanded, needs another pass.
3. Fillet the strakes.
4. Fair the last side panel.
5. Fair the transom again.
6. Mount castors
7. Wash and prep for primer

Strakes from transom

Tomorrow's plan is to pull fillets on the strakes and start filling the last side panel. :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, That is going to be one slick boat!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thanks buddy! By the way I got my shipment in today! Thank Y'all, As always very fast delivery!! :D

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Does the shipment include primer? I'm sure looking forward to seeing her primed. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

glossieblack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:54 pm Does the shipment include primer? I'm sure looking forward to seeing her primed. :D
No, I've had the primer a while. It was silica,graphite and some 3/8 Nap rollers and frames.
I hope to need all of this by the end of the month!!! :D :D :D
The rollers look to be top notch!! I still plan to run them over some duct tape though.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Hate to hear about the CNC break down and its costs. That would put a serious damper on the boat building budget :cry:
On the up side you have a whole bunch of folks eagerly looking forward to primer pictures.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:27 am Hate to hear about the CNC break down and its costs. That would put a serious damper on the boat building budget :cry:
On the up side you have a whole bunch of folks eagerly looking forward to primer pictures.
Thank You Buddy. :D