Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Jeff »

Sounds like the meds must be working for you!! Glad it is Eric!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I worked this morning, finished sanding the side panel. I tried letting the foam block follow the radius of the bow and only open up a buttload of pinholes.
I sanded the first fill on the transom build up. It came out pretty good. Next I filled the port and starboard side to transom corners. Then I filled the transom low area again. I think once I block the transom after this I can fair it the rest of the way.

Here is the last side panel finished.

Starboard corner.

Port corner.

Second fill on Transom, 90 grams of Q.F.

Opened a can of @#%$ :oops: , I will go back over this with Q.F. and sand with 120 grit max.
The 80 will be to aggressive.

This is looking down at the trim line. I've done the best I could to keep this a sharp clean line but I'm not happy with it.
The first thing I'm gonna try is to tape it off and fill with epoxy or epoxy and a little silica as it will want to run towards the bow.
If that doesn't get it my next plan is to pull a radius of Quick Fair and sand it like those mother loving strakes.

Well I'm off to the grocery store and to cook hot dog chili for church tomorrow. They want to cook hamburgers and hot dogs for Father's day.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jeff wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 pm Sounds like the meds must be working for you!! Glad it is Eric!! Jeff
Thank You Jeff :D

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Looking good! I found a few small bad spots now that I'm putting on the paint. Hard to find them all.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I spent a couple of hours on the boat today. Most of my time was on shop business.

I filled the pin holes on the bow.

Then I free hand built up this edge.

I used a dam on this side.

I sanded the second fill on the transom and I have it ready for final pass.

I used the left over mix to touch up about a dozen places I was not happy with.
Of course after I took the pictures and had used all I had mixed I saw a huge low in the picture above where I had just filled. :lol:

Tomorrow morning while it's still cool I'll sand and fill some more. We seem to be in a Florida weather pattern. Humid and hot all day then a thunderstorm in the late afternoon.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hey, what about the results from the doc? Call me tomorrow when you have time!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

After filling in the transom twice below the tape lines I felt comfortable enough to cover it in one complete layer of Quick Fair.
We'll see what it brings.

Another boring fairing picture

I'm slight ahead of my end of the month plan. :D
1. Fair the transom again. Last major fill complete
2. Mount castors
3. Wash and prep for primer

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Never have I spent the time and effort you are. Looks awesome.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Nice looking work Eric! I'm getting additional motivation to soldier on with fairing by looking at your photos.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

cape man wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 pm Never have I spent the time and effort you are. Looks awesome.
Thank You!!
Aripeka Angler wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm Nice looking work Eric! I'm getting additional motivation to soldier on with fairing by looking at your photos.
Thank You too! I glad it's giving you motivation! So many times I've poured into the forum and just admired all the work I've seen. I've watched every video on YouTube I could find on Bateau builds. I too have found much inspiration from what others have done. Most of y'all make this look easy. It's such a different world than what I'm used too but I like this world. :D