Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 »

That's a friend and employee, Ray. He's a bit over 6' tall. So, I have sanded all the places I filled this morning. Right after I rinse it off again a mocking bird flies over the boat and drops a load on it out of my reach, of course. I wait for the water to dry and we get it back in the shop. Ol' Ray says, "I can reach it do you want me to get it off?" I said, Sure. He reaches up, wipes it gently off then brushes the rag quickly sling the bird poop back into my face. :roll: What could I do, That's the worst part of my day. Heck, I had to laugh.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Rough morning, Up early with a bad headache. Took shower,made coffee took a three sips and fell asleep at the computer. I'm just now headed to the shop to prime the boat. It may only get one coat. The primer say I can go 24 hours between without sanding so I'm holding that option in my trump.
Wish me luck. :|

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, send us some photo's after coat 1 today!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I feel like I'm moving in slow motion today.
First thing I wiped it down with denatured alcohol. I found one place I dripped quick Fair.
Sanded and wiped it again.
Last pictures of my naked boat.

I mixed up 20 ounces of primer and went to work. I've used two foam rollers so far.
I change them at the first sign of damage. That batch went this far. Start time was 9:10 am, temp. was 70 degrees.

So far I've only found three pin holes. The worst is at the crest of a strake. May have to repair it, we'll see after the second coat.
This primer seems to fill and cover the small stuff very well. I thought I'd take a small break and post this, grab coffee and a smoke.
I'm headed back to it..Stay tuned...

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

YEAAAH Man! Looks good so far!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, that looks really good!! I think the ST SilverTip Yacht Primer will take care of those pin holes!! Post more photos at the end of the day!! Again, really nice!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Can't fool us. You could not sleep because wanted to be priming that girl :lol:
Like most girls she is going to look good with some clothes on :D

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Eric1 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:13 pm That's a friend and employee, Ray. He's a bit over 6' tall. So, I have sanded all the places I filled this morning. Right after I rinse it off again a mocking bird flies over the boat and drops a load on it out of my reach, of course. I wait for the water to dry and we get it back in the shop. Ol' Ray says, "I can reach it do you want me to get it off?" I said, Sure. He reaches up, wipes it gently off then brushes the rag quickly sling the bird poop back into my face. :roll: What could I do, That's the worst part of my day. Heck, I had to laugh.
Put Ray on lookout over the painter with a double barrel 12 gauge. I bet he would enjoy some payback.
Your primer is looking great!
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thank You everyone.
Just had a bite. My girls were out driving around with Nanna. They stopped and brought me a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A.
Nanna had some Tylenol and I took a couple, Headache is thumping pretty good.
Any way the next 20 ounces finished the bottom, Transom and first four feet of the first side. Thought I'd take another break and let the Tylenol kick in.

Progress pictures:

I'm gonna get back on it at 3:00 and go until it's done.