Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Aaahhh, your painting inside. No need to shotgun the birds :lol: Looks really good!
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

cape_fisherman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cape_fisherman »

Looks like that primer is laying down nice. Good choice on filling in the pinholes.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

The primer did a great job. The first coat is complete! :D
I'll be back tomorrow to do it again.

Found a patch I'll have to repair, Don't know how I missed these. :roll:

Going to pick up Pizza on the way home. It's been a long day.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am a little surprised to see YOU have some pinholes. Just goes to show how hard it is to see everything until you put a coat of primer on it.
I really like the look of that hull. That is going to be a nice boat.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, looks great!! Tell me what you think of the System Three ST Yacht Primer!! Great job today!! Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Congratulations on getting the first coat on. She's looking great. And here's hoping that you're feeling better tomorrow. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cvincent
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cvincent »

Your persistence with fairing has paid off. Your first coat of primer looks great. I have an area with pinholes that looks exactly like yours near my transom that I need to fix.
Completed D15, Completed PH18

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Looking good Eric another step done. That first coat always seems to bring out a few flaws. :lol:
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:13 pm I am a little surprised to see YOU have some pinholes. Just goes to show how hard it is to see everything until you put a coat of primer on it.
I really like the look of that hull. That is going to be a nice boat.
I too was surprised to see a patch of them like this. I've tried to be thorough but these got by me. Thanks for the compliment too! :D
Jeff wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:18 pm Eric, looks great!! Tell me what you think of the System Three ST Yacht Primer!! Great job today!! Jeff

Thank you Jeff. :D
It's easy to work with and covers great. You definitely need to wait 15 minutes after mixing. I tried to go with 10 minute on the third batch and it rolled thin. I guess the time allows for the chemicals to start to cross link. After 15 minutes it is the same all the way through the pot life.
glossieblack wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 pm Congratulations on getting the first coat on. She's looking great. And here's hoping that you're feeling better tomorrow. :D
Thank You my Friend! :D
cvincent wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 pm Your persistence with fairing has paid off. Your first coat of primer looks great. I have an area with pinholes that looks exactly like yours near my transom that I need to fix.
Thank You Too! :D That's where those are, Right at eye level. :roll:
TomW1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:24 pm Looking good Eric another step done. That first coat always seems to bring out a few flaws. :lol:
Thanks Tom. :D Boy does it ever!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

First thing this morning I shot the projected waterline with a laser level.
My plan is to only put a second coat of primer above this line as I will be doing epoxy graphite on the bottom.
The bottom came out with out any need of repair.
Lesson learned from yesterday, foam rollers are easy to tear on the trim transition. Today I will prime these with a 2" brush before rolling.
More to come.....Oh Yea, Have a great day!......