Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by topwater »

Late to the party , boat looks great all one color :!: Anybody that puts 2 coats of primer on the bottom of the hull before doing
a graphite bottom must be a machinist . Love the pocket dump pic , was that a Ruger :?:
Novi 23 finally launched !

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

I'm even later. The primer looks great Eric. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

topwater wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:12 am Late to the party , boat looks great all one color :!: Anybody that puts 2 coats of primer on the bottom of the hull before doing
a graphite bottom must be a machinist . Love the pocket dump pic , was that a Ruger :?:
Thanks . Yes that's my little .380, I keep something handy all the time. Shop has been broke into before so if I'm alone I'm carrying.
glossieblack wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:49 am I'm even later. The primer looks great Eric. :D
Thanks Glossie!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I got a late start morning, just eased into the day. I had to take the trash to the dumpster so I came to the shop around 12:00.
After that I decided to check on the boat. After giving it a walk down with pencil in hand I went to work filling all the little pinholes I found.

All the dark spots are where I filled.

Found a giouge from sanding at the end of this spray rail.

Most of what I filled was tiny in nature but two coats of primer didn't fill it so I put quick fair over it.
I realize I could have never seen this prior to primer so I'm not beating myself up over it.

Well I have to go home and decide which firearm I'll be cleaning tonight when my youngest daughter's date shows up.
It's her first date and I know they boy. They used to play together when he lived across the road from us. Never the less, That was when they were 6, 16 is different. No Quarter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

If you have a S&W 500 Magnum . . . :p (Careful though, he might be too enthused about it, I know that would have been my favorite growing up. I liked the Desert Eagle back then, but the revolver is much more reliable)

I'd say a shotgun is probably most appropriate.

Like I said with the primer, it really calls attention to all the little details. Much harder to see with all the different textures/patterns from the initial fairing.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

bateau-webmaster wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 pm If you have a S&W 500 Magnum . . . :p (Careful though, he might be too enthused about it, I know that would have been my favorite growing up. I liked the Desert Eagle back then, but the revolver is much more reliable)

I'd say a shotgun is probably most appropriate.

Like I said with the primer, it really calls attention to all the little details. Much harder to see with all the different textures/patterns from the initial fairing.
Think I'll go with this one. :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Excellent choice!!! Nothing like being a father to daughters!! Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Yeah, that'll do.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

My daughters first date I took the young man aside and asked if she had told him I do not mind going back to prison :D
Daughter teared up and said she would never have any dates. I replied that I would knock it off when she was really old enough to date...............you know anything over 30 :lol:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 pm My daughters first date I took the young man aside and asked if she had told him I do not mind going back to prison :D
Daughter teared up and said she would never have any dates. I replied that I would knock it off when she was really old enough to date...............you know anything over 30 :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: