Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Jaysen »

Yep. Gullah or Geechee stew is another name it goes by here. Especially in those back road local places.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

May the graphite force be with you Eric. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I was in a Marine squadron that trained other units in adversarial (communist) tactics. We used to go to Beaufort, SC every year. One of the officers was previously stationed there and had a friendship with a plantation manager. He would come out one afternoon during our two weeks there and bring all the fixings for a Frogmore stew. I would help him clean the crabs and then throw them in. It was a great time. The fresh crabs made a difference to what everyone else calls a low country boil. This guy made it better and I just can't duplicate the memory or the flavors. Something about a group of Marines, great food and beer... :D

Oh yeah, your boat looks good too! :wink:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

BB Sig wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:18 am I was in a Marine squadron that trained other units in adversarial (communist) tactics. We used to go to Beaufort, SC every year. One of the officers was previously stationed there and had a friendship with a plantation manager. He would come out one afternoon during our two weeks there and bring all the fixings for a Frogmore stew. I would help him clean the crabs and then throw them in. It was a great time. The fresh crabs made a difference to what everyone else calls a low country boil. This guy made it better and I just can't duplicate the memory or the flavors. Something about a group of Marines, great food and beer... :D

Oh yeah, your boat looks good too! :wink:
Great memories Barry! Thanks for sharing that. I know exactly how you feel. There is nothing like the brotherhood of military life, I miss it. I have had the stew with fresh crabs and you are dead right, That's take it to a whole new level! I'm to far from the coast to get them, I've tried adding snow crab to it and it's good too, but, not the same. Happy Forth of July Leatherneck, From this old Salty Squid!! God Bless you and Thanks for stepping up and serving. :D

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric, let me know if you want to arrange a quick shipment of some freshly caught crab. Dry ice and styrofoam will keep them safe for quite a long time.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

BB, your boys have been raising heck over on PI just as vigorously as when you were here. I love the morning PT drifting over the water followed by the ranges opening at 6:18am every day. Freedom has a price. Few Americans really get that. I'm privileged to be reminded of that price everyday.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

And I remember being at the range and seeing boats thinking how much I wanted to be on one! :lol:

Fond memories of PI but glad that chapter is over.

csotelo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by csotelo »

Hey my friend,

Boat looks really good with primer!

Congrats!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

csotelo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:30 pm Hey my friend,

Boat looks really good with primer!

Congrats!
Thank You Carlos! :D

I sanded the transom and about half of the other bottom side today. I had to stop and go get my haircut.
That curly mop had to go! High and tight now I'm feeling right! :lol:

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Top notch Eric :D Going great !
Man, your shop. I want one 😥 I was looking for your build in the Builder section of the site.

Marc