Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 »

Thank guys. It was a 3M full face model. I read the chemical list to the 3M rep on the phone. She told me what to order.
Shop duties have me pulled away from the build for now.

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Eric,

Full face respirator is the way to go, plus you will need it for the Monstaliner :wink: I should have done my research and bought one of those as well :oops: :roll:

Marc

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Good Morning, The respirator performed well. I'm not dizzy after using the EMC primer. :)
Test number two. I mixed four ounces. Put on respirator and rolled it over the bare spots.
This time the primer didn't smell like a dead animal fell in it. It was still very sticky after a minute.
Perhaps the MEK or what ever chemical ate through the solo cup is attacking the roller, I don't know. :roll:
I think this primer is best suited for a spray set up, which I'm not going to do. I covered the places I think could cause issues with top coat.
I've had enough of this. After I sand this I'm calling the primer work done.
I'll move forward and put the epoxy graphite on the bottom. If the paint doesn't stick to the primed surface then I'll haul this out back and strike a freaking match. :wink:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Not to worry she would look good with just primer. Sort of the PBR look like you showed earlier :lol:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:01 am Not to worry she would look good with just primer. Sort of the PBR look like you showed earlier :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

That boat will turn heads. You'll have a hard time getting her in and out of the water. You'll be mobbed with drooling on lookers.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

topwater

Post by topwater »

you should have no problems it looks much nicer than mine did when i painted it.
Novi 23 finally launched !

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Eric,
:lol: strike a match ? Bro, so many times that crossed my head :lol: Looking great.

Why not S3 High Build ? Water based and zippo fumes.
Marc

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

blueflood wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm Hi Eric,
:lol: strike a match ? Bro, so many times that crossed my head :lol: Looking great.

Why not S3 High Build ? Water based and zippo fumes.
Marc
I thought by using surface primer I could lighty sand over the trouble spots as it would not build as heavy. This EMC stuff orange peels worse than S3. Next time I will only use the S3. I just prefer it.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Eric1 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 am I've had enough of this. After I sand this I'm calling the primer work done. I'll move forward and put the epoxy graphite on the bottom.
Good call. 8) :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).