Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Jeff »

Eric, I know it was quite an excercise for you but your experience might help other builders make a good, informed decision on which Primer to use!! Have a good Sunday!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thanks Everyone for the kind words and interest. :D
After a long business meeting I decided to sand the places I had applied the surface primer. It sanded well without the fumes/odor of the first stuff.
Never the less, I'll stick with S3 primer from now on. Below is a picture of what I'm calling good enough.

I have a pump to install on a machine in the morning.
Once that's done I have a setup on the same machine, medical buckles for lifting large people in the hospitals.
Then, I have three programs to edit for a PITA small run of parts on a lathe. That customer decided to go backwards after 3 years of success with the design changes I made to save him money. It's his pocket that it will crunch, so be it.
Then, maybe, just maybe, I can find a window between thunderstorms to wash the boat again. We have rain forecast all week.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

That is God begging you to help out with the washing :P

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

narfi wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:23 pm That is God begging you to help out with the washing :P
:lol:

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Eric, well done in persisting and getting the primer result to your high standards. Now wash that baby then give her a slap of black on the bottom. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

glossieblack wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm Eric, well done in persisting and getting the primer result to your high standards. Now wash that baby then give her a slap of black on the bottom. :D
Thank You Glossie.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Eric glad things turned out for you in the end. Go get her with the graqhite.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

TomW1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 pm Eric glad things turned out for you in the end. Go get her with the graqhite.

Tom
Thank You Tom! :D

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

Eric1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm Thanks Everyone for the kind words and interest. :D
After a long business meeting I decided to sand the places I had applied the surface primer. It sanded well without the fumes/odor of the first stuff.
Never the less, I'll stick with S3 primer from now on. Below is a picture of what I'm calling good enough.

I have a pump to install on a machine in the morning.
Once that's done I have a setup on the same machine, medical buckles for lifting large people in the hospitals.
Then, I have three programs to edit for a PITA small run of parts on a lathe. That customer decided to go backwards after 3 years of success with the design changes I made to save him money. It's his pocket that it will crunch, so be it.
Then, maybe, just maybe, I can find a window between thunderstorms to wash the boat again. We have rain forecast all week.
8O 8O 8O 8O I've been away for a while due to a bad accident on work, I got a shoulder dislocated, three ribs broken and six points on my head but thanks God I'm still around, and man.. what a nice work!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

danieloldhouse wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 pm 8O 8O 8O 8O I've been away for a while due to a bad accident on work, I got a shoulder dislocated, three ribs broken and six points on my head but thanks God I'm still around, and man.. what a nice work!
My goodness! I'm glad you are still with us!! I pray you will heal quickly.