Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by MrPaul »

I'll put all my chips on Eric sanding :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

He will resist for a few minutes. Then he will break out in cold sweats while someone tries to hold him down. But he will prevail and resume living as a victim of BBSV
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

MrPaul wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:36 pm I'll put all my chips on Eric sanding :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://youtu.be/JZEIMQ42-oU

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I know Eric doesn't like sanding any more than the rest of us. But he is also a precision machinist who makes his lively hood on detail. So which comes through on this final coat. Well if there are few or very small bubbles he might be satisfied. If more than a few he won't be. Since he has pull everything up and out of the way I will bet against Fuzz and say he is done with the bottom. :lol: :lol:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

It's great to see a perfectionist getting the job done. Too many perfectionists never finish the job, because their skills or endurance are found wanting.

Well done Eric! 8)
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

Looks amazing, thanks for documenting your process.
Alan.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

TomW1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:02 pm I know Eric doesn't like sanding any more than the rest of us. But he is also a precision machinist who makes his lively hood on detail. So which comes through on this final coat. Well if there are few or very small bubbles he might be satisfied. If more than a few he won't be. Since he has pull everything up and out of the way I will bet against Fuzz and say he is done with the bottom. :lol: :lol:

Tom
Good attention to detail Tom!
glossieblack wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:46 pm It's great to see a perfectionist getting the job done. Too many perfectionists never finish the job, because their skills or endurance are found wanting.

Well done Eric! 8)
Thank You Glossieblack!
Fair WX Pilot wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 pm Looks amazing, thanks for documenting your process.
Thank you too my Friend.
My goal with all these posts has been to help other builders. It is my hope they may glean something from my mistakes or successes.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Nice job Eric!

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Done Eric and looking great. You must be relieved and satisfied 8) :D The fun (and more frustration) is just starting :wink:

Marc

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

I'm gonna have to talk to my bookie about the odds on you sanding :lol: but the boat looks great!