Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

Post by peter-curacao »

Cleaning up the boxes before gluing the sheer line on, I think I'm almost sure I ain't gonna fair them, just clean a little more then prime and paint, again what would you guys do? keeping in mind it's a b..ch to sand them.
Of course cockpit sites above the sole will be faired and receive black/red paint

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Hit them with primer and see how they look.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If they aren’t visiable or accessible via hatch, then who cares?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 pm If they aren’t visiable or accessible via hatch, then who cares?
Agreed!

cape man

Post by cape man »

Why even paint them? Are they sealed? (Yes). Ever going to see it? (No). I didn't paint under my sole.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Peter in all honesty epoxy is only broken down by sunlight. So if they are going to be covered forget about painting them. Just cover them and be done with it. These are same as the compartments of your C25 and you didn't paint those did you?

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

What follows is humor...

I think peters concern is that once he powers death trap up and shoots off the dock like a bat exiting hell with its nads lit and flaming like cherries in a fancy restaurant and that pile of wood flies into pieces of various sizes, he doesn’t want to be judged as a sloppy Workman.

That’s my thought anyway.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

topwater

Post by topwater »

:lol:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 pm What follows is humor...

I think peters concern is that once he powers death trap up and shoots off the dock like a bat exiting hell with its nads lit and flaming like cherries in a fancy restaurant and that pile of wood flies into pieces of various sizes, he doesn’t want to be judged as a sloppy Workman.

So.... You've been thinking of Peter's Flaming cherry nads. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all fairness, You opened that door! :P

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 am
Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 pm What follows is humor...

So.... You've been thinking of Peter's Flaming cherry nads. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all fairness, You opened that door! :P
More about the cherry nads of flaming flying rodents but... maybe that’s the same thing!